Beauty and function too, it's no surprise the UPPAbaby Vista is one of the most popular strollers on the market today. The newest UPPAbaby Vista has a great, modern look with real leather accents and on trend colors. It rides smoothly, maneuvers well, accommodates up to three children at once (two seats plus a ride-along board), folds and unfolds simply, and comes standard with all the important accessories, including a bassinet. The only downside (which is a direct tradeoff of what makes this stroller so great), is that like other strollers in its category, the Vista is large and not ideal for tight spaces or small trunks.
Things We Love
- Great Modern Look with Real Leather Accents: Featuring new textiles and leather accents on some strollers, the most recent UPPAbaby Vista is gorgeous. Other than Orchid, which is an intense pink, you can’t go wrong with any of the color options. Note: Although only some colors come with leather accents, you can buy the leather accents separately for any post-2015 Vista stroller, priced at $44.99 for the handlebar cover and $29.99 for the bumper bar cover.
- Great Bassinet, Safe for Nighttime Sleep: The Vista comes with a cozy, comfy, and deep bassinet for babies up to 20 pounds or 25 inches, and it’s even rated for nighttime sleep. UPPAbaby also sells bassinet stands separately for $149.99, should you want to use the Vista bassinet as baby’s main sleep space for those first few months. (Though it is a bit expensive compared to other bassinet alternatives.)
- Great Recline (for a Bucket Seat); Adjustable Footrest: The Vista has an easily adjustable footrest and reclines super deep with the push of a button; however, due to the molded bucket seat, the Vista will never recline completely flat. Newborns will need to use the bassinet (or car seat) and smaller infants will need the infant insert (sold separately) for a proper fit.
- Oversize Storage Basket: The Vista’s storage basket is objectively huge, and big enough for just about all you could ever need while out and about with baby. As a double stroller, the second seat does eat into this storage space, but even then there’ll always be enough room for a diaper bag and a few blankets.
- Modular: The Vista seat easily pops off and flips around to be parent-facing or forward-facing.
- Convertible to Double Stroller; PiggyBack Board Too: The Vista converts to a double stroller with the addition of a second rumble seat, sold separately, and you can even add a third child with the PiggyBack Ride-Along Board. The second seat’s weight limit is one of the lower weight limits on the market, only 35 pounds, but with the upper seat adapters (also sold separately), the Vista in double mode has a great recline and sufficient legroom for both kiddos, especially when both seats are parent-facing.
- Solid Suspension; Big Wheels: The Vista features foam-filled wheels and four-wheel suspension for a reasonably smooth ride even on more uneven surfaces. It is not an off-road stroller and will not fare super well on dirt paths, gravel or sand, though if you lock the front wheels, you will be able to push it through grass or along dirt paths.
- Easy Fold: It's simple to fold and open the Vista. Also, the folded stroller stands up vertically without toppling, which is great for storage.
- Important Accessories Included: Unlike other large strollers which include little beyond the stroller, the price of the UPPAbaby Vista includes a bassinet, bassinet bug shield, bassinet storage bag, toddler seat, toddler seat rain cover, toddler seat bug shield, and a bumper bar. Other accessories parents might want, like adapters for car seats other than the UPPAbaby Mesa, the rumble seat to convert to a double stroller, cup holders, parent organizers, stroller buntings, and more are sold separately.
- Compatible with the Best Car Seats: The Vista is compatible with the UPPAbaby Mesa without adapters. Adapters for other car seats, including Maxi Cosi, Nuna, Cybex, and Peg Perego car seats are sold separately for $44.99. (Read more about infant car seats here.)
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Heavy: Weighing in at 27 pounds as a single stroller and 34 pounds as a double, the Vista is not the easiest to heave in and out of a trunk or carry up a flight of stairs. Though the weight is about standard for a full-sized stroller.
- Easy, Bulky Fold; Some Caveats: The Vista’s fold is simple; however, the end result is rather bulky, so make sure to measure your trunk to make sure this stroller will fit in it before purchasing.
- Internal Brake: The brake wiring system is all internal, which looks really nice. However, when the brake breaks (ha), it's not fixable and you'll need to get a whole new stroller frame. Luckily, UPPAbaby strollers have a great warranty, but beware if you're buying your stroller used.
- UPPAbaby Vista – $839.99 and up. including the bassinet
- UPPAbaby Vista + Rumble Seat – $1045 and up, including the bassinet
- Discounts can be found online for 2016 models and it’s relatively easy to find used 2016 Vistas in good condition.
Buy the Accessories
- UPPAbaby Vista Rumble Seat – $199.99
- UPPAbaby Vista Upper Adapters (for conversion to double stroller) – $19.99
- UPPAbaby Vista PiggyBack Ride-Along Board – $119.99
- UPPAbaby Vista Infant SnugSeat – $39.99
- UPPAbaby Vista Maxi Cosi/Nuna/Cybex Car Seat Adapters -$44.99
- UPPAbaby Vista Peg-Perego Car Seat Adapters -$44.99
- UPPAbaby Vista Leather Handlebar Add On Kit – $44.99
- UPPAbaby Vista Leather Bumper Bar Add On Kit – $29.99
- UPPAbaby Bassinet Stand – $149.99