The Cybex Priam Lux is positively gorgeous, features a completely flat recline, and is very customizable to your needs— with light tires for smooth surfaces, trekking tires for hybrid surfaces, and all-terrain tires for bumpier surfaces. Only the rear wheels have suspension, but the ride is very smooth regardless, the sun canopy is wonderfully huge, and it is compatible with all our favorite infant car seats. The downsides are that the Priam is expensive, its fold is bulky and multi-step, and it is not convertible, meaning it cannot be used as a proper double stroller (although it does accommodate a ride-on board for older children).
Things We Love
- Elegant, European Design: The Cybex Priam is nothing short of gorgeous, and you can’t go wrong with any of the colors. These strollers do come in some funky patterns we don’t love, but so long as you stick with the solid colors, you're set. We like the frame equally in Black and Chrome.
- Lay Flat Recline; Adjustable Footrest: The Priam Lux reclines to a flat position, which is different from (and way better than) the way most luxury strollers with bucket seats recline. Thanks to the inserts and padding, this seat can be used from birth even without a bassinet. The Priam Lux also has an adjustable footrest.
- Gorgeous, Cozy Bassinet, Sold Separately: Cybex’s beautiful Carry Cot is ideal for newborns and small infants. It is sold separately for $299.99. Because the Lux seat lays completely flat, the bassinet is not strictly necessary. But we prefer the bassinet add on anyway.
- Large Storage Basket: The Priam’s storage basket is large and can support up to 20 pounds of storage.
- Forward or Parent-Facing: The Lux seat can face forward or backward, depending on your preference.
- Choose Tires Based on Needs: The Priam has three different tire types– Light tires for smooth surfaces, Trekking tires for hybrid surfaces (perfect for most families), and All-Terrain tires for bumpier surfaces. They even have skis, which replace the front wheels, for those who live in snowy climates. Only the real wheels have suspension.
- Huge Sun Canopy: The sun canopy extends all the way to the bumper bar for maximum coverage.
- Many Accessories Included: The Priam Lux comes with the seat, the bumper bar, rain cover, and car seat adapters. Other super well-designed accessories, like the bassinet, footmuffs, parasols, snack trays, cup holders, and more are sold separately.
- Compatible with Cybex, Nuna, and Maxi Cosi Car Seats: Although the car seat compatibility for the Priam is limited technically to Cybex car seats, Cybex, Maxi Cosi, and Nuna all use the same adapter mechanism, and therefore, the Priam is compatible with all three brands without the need for additional adapters. It is not compatible with other brands.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Heavy: Weighing in at 27.6 pounds with the lightest wheels and 29.1 pounds with the heaviest wheels, the Cybex Priam is not a stroller you want to be lugging around too much.
- Bulky, Multi-Step Fold: Folding the Priam requires multiple steps, and the end result is a long, bulky package. Unlike the 2-in-1 seat, the Lux seat does not have to be removed before folding. (See the video here.)
- Not Convertible to a Double Stroller: The Cybex Priam is a single stroller and does not convert to a double stroller. It does, however, accommodate a Kid Board for older children.
- Cybex Priam Lux with Light Wheels– $999.90 (list)
- Cybex Priam Lux with Trekking Wheels – $990.90 (list)
- Cybex Priam Lux with All-Terrain Wheels – $990.90 (list)
- Cybex Priam Lux with Trekking Wheels + Bassinet – $1299.90 (list)
Buy the Accessories
- Cybex Priam Bassinet – $299.95
- Cybex Kid Board – $99.95
- Cybex Priam Footmuff – $119.95
- Cybex Priam Skis – $79.95