The Cybex Priam 2-in-1 is so-called because the seat can be transformed into a bassinet, and vice versa. This stroller is positively gorgeous and is very customizable to your needs–with light tires for smooth surfaces, trekking tires for hybrid surfaces, and all-terrain tires for bumpier surfaces. Only the rear wheels have suspension, but the ride is very smooth regardless, the sun canopy is wonderfully huge, and it is compatible with all our favorite infant car seats. The downsides are that the Priam is expensive, its fold is bulky and multi-step, and it is not convertible, meaning it cannot be used as a proper double stroller (although it does accommodate a ride-on board for older children). Compared to the Cybex Priam Lux, the 2-in-1 is a little less plush, does not have a full-flat recline (though the molded bucket seat does recline deeply), and comes standard with a bassinet.
Things We Love
- Elegant, European Design: The Cybex Priam is nothing short of gorgeous, and you can’t go wrong with any of the colors. These strollers do come in some funky patterns we don’t love, but so long as you stick with the solid colors, you're set. We like the frame equally in Black and Chrome.
- Seat Becomes Bassinet: The 2-in-1 seat is both a bassinet and a seat, using the same frame and different fabric. This means one fewer thing to store between ages and stages.
- Great Recline (for a Bucket Seat); Adjustable Footrest: The Priam 2-in-1 has an easily adjustable footrest and reclines super deep with the push of a button; however, due to the molded bucket seat, the 2-in-1 will never recline completely flat. Newborns will need to use the bassinet (or car seat).
- Large Storage Basket: The Priam’s storage basket is sufficiently large and can support up to 20 pounds of storage.
- Forward or Parent-Facing: The 2-in-1 seat can face forward or backward, depending on your preference.
- Choose Tires Based on Needs: The Priam has three different tire types– Light tires for smooth surfaces, Trekking tires for hybrid surfaces (perfect for most families), and All-Terrain tires for bumpier surfaces. They even have skis, which replace the front wheels, for those who live in snowy climates. Only the real wheels have suspension.
- Huge Sun Canopy: The sun canopy extends all the way to the bumper bar for maximum coverage.
- Many Accessories Included: The Priam 2-in-1 comes with both the seat and bassinet (since it’s the same thing), the bumper bar, rain cover, and car seat adapters. Other super well-designed accessories, like footmuffs, parasols, snack trays, cup holders, and more are sold separately.
- Compatible with Cybex, Nuna, and Maxi Cosi Car Seats: Although the car seat compatibility for the Priam is limited technically to Cybex car seats, Cybex, Maxi Cosi, and Nuna all use the same adapter mechanism, and therefore, the Priam is compatible with all three brands without the need for additional adapters. It is not compatible with other brands.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Heavy: Weighing in at 24.7 pounds with the lightest wheels and 26.2 pounds with the heaviest wheels, the Cybex Priam is not a stroller you want to be lugging around too much.
- Bulky, Multi-Step Fold: Folding the Priam requires multiple steps, including removing the seat first, and the end result is a long, bulky package. Definitely check the dimensions to make sure this stroller will fit in your trunk before purchasing. (See the video on how to fold the stroller here.)
- Not Convertible to a Double Stroller: The Cybex Priam is a single stroller and does not convert to a double stroller. It does, however, accommodate a Kid Board for older children.
- Cybex Priam 2-in-1 with Light Wheels– $1099.90 (list)
- Cybex Priam 2-in-1 with Trekking Wheels – $990.90 (list)
- Cybex Priam 2-in-1 with All-Terrain Wheels – $990.90 (list)
Buy the Accessories
- Cybex Priam Bassinet – $299.95
- Cybex Kid Board – $99.95
- Cybex Priam Footmuff – $119.95
- Cybex Priam Skis – $79.95