A popular alternative to the UPPAbaby Vista, the Baby Jogger City Select Lux has a nice, modern look, a slightly more compact fold than the Vista and the original City Select, accommodates up to three children at once (two seats plus a ride-along board), has a handbrake decelerator great for large hills, and is compatible with every infant car seat we recommend. On the downside, it is heavy and has a slightly more industrial, unfinished look than the Vista.
Things We Love
- Easy, More Compact Fold: The City Select Lux folds easily and compactly, with about a 30% smaller fold than the City Select and a nearly 20% smaller fold than the Vista. Although it can technically be folded with the second seat attached, you must remove the second seat in order to fold the primary seat, then re-attach that second seat, before folding– and once folded, the second seat sticks out significantly and makes for a rather bulky fold.
- Cozy Bassinet/Pram (Sold Separately); Limited Colors: Baby Jogger sells the “Deluxe Pram” separately from the City Select Lux for $199.99. It is not available in all the same colors as the City Select Lux, which means if you choose an Ash, Slate, Taupe, or Port stroller, your bassinet will not match your toddler seat. This is not a big deal if you’re only planning to use your stroller as a single stroller, since nothing about the City Select Lux’s frame suggests the color of the seat fabric; however, you could find yourself in a situation where your bassinet and toddler seat don’t match, should you ever use the stroller as a double in the future.
- Great Recline (for a Bucket Seat); Adjustable Footrest: The City Select Lux has an easily adjustable footrest and reclines super deep with the push of a button; however, due to the molded bucket seat, the Lux will never recline completely flat. Newborns will need to use the bassinet or car seat and smaller infants who have outgrown the bassinet will need an infant insert for a proper fit.
- Oversize Storage Basket: The Lux’s storage basket is objectively huge, and big enough for just about all you could ever need while out and about with baby. As a double stroller, the second seat does eat into this storage space, but even then there’ll always be enough room for a diaper bag and a few blankets.
- Modular: The Lux seat easily pops off and flips around to be parent-facing or forward-facing.
- Convertible to Double Stroller with Seat or Bench; Glider Board Too: The City Select Lux converts to a double stroller with the addition of a second seat, sold separately, or a bench seat for older children. You can even add a third child with the Glider Board, also sold separately. The second seat’s weight limit is the same as the primary seat’s weight limit, 45 pounds, which is 10 pounds higher than the UPPAbaby Vista's second seat weight limit.
- Plenty of Legroom as a Parent-Facing Double Stroller: Both babies will have plenty of room and both seats can recline for a great nap when configured in the parent-facing position.
- Facing Each Other Configuration: As a double, there is just enough room on this stroller to place the top seat forward facing and the bottom seat rear facing, so your babies can face each other. The babies won’t have a ton of legroom like this, but parents with twins especially love this feature, since it allows their babies to make eye contact and play even as they stroll.
- Decent Suspension; Big Wheels: The Lux features foam-filled wheels and four-wheel suspension for a reasonably smooth ride even on more uneven surfaces, though some parents have complained that the suspension is not as good as they'd like it to be. The Lux is not an off-road stroller and will not fare super well on dirt paths, gravel or sand, but if you lock the front wheels, you will be able to push it through grass or along dirt paths.
- Hand Brake and Decelerator: Instead of a standard foot brake, the Lux uses a hand brake, which is easy to operate, and also can be used as a decelerator on steep hills.
- Compatible with the Best Car Seats: The Lux is compatible with Britax, Chicco, Cybex, Graco, Maxi Cosi, Nuna, and Peg Perego car seats with adapters sold separately for~$30.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Annoying Harness: To attach the harness, you must first link up each shoulder strap to its waist strap counterpart, then buckle those pieces into the crotch strap. It's an extra step we'd rather not have to think about while buckling in a squirmy toddler.
- Somewhat Unfinished Look: The Baby Jogger City Select Lux comes in nice colors and has a modern look, though due to several small details, like the wheel spokes, exposed cabling, and the shape and material of the handlebar, it doesn’t look quite as on-trend as UPPAbaby, Bugaboo, Cybex, Nuna, Joolz, or Mutsy strollers.
- Heavy: Weighing in at 30.5 pounds as a single and 34 pounds as a double, The City Select Lux is not the easiest to heave in and out of a trunk or carry up a flight of stairs.
- Not Much Legroom in Forward-Facing Double Mode: When both seats are forward facing, neither child will have much legroom or much room for their seats to recline. For naps, this stroller is best in parent-facing mode.
- No Accessories Included: The City Select Lux can be bought in a bunch of variations. Stroller only. Stroller and bassinet. Double stroller and bassinet. It's nice to get only what you need, but purchasing can get a bit confusing, so make sure you understand what's included. In general, bug shields, rain shields, and bumper bars (all standard with the Vista) are not included with the City Select Lux. Other accessories parents might want, like car seat adapters, the second seat to convert to a double stroller, cup holders, parent organizers, stroller buntings, and more are sold separately too.
- Baby Jogger City Select Lux – $629.99 (list) or ~$530 on Amazon for the stroller only
- Baby Jogger City Select Lux + Bassinet – ~$740 (or $830 when pieces purchased separately)
- Baby Jogger City Select Lux Double Stroller + Bassinet – ~$950 (or $1030 when pieces purchased separately)
Buy the Accessories
- Baby Jogger City Select Bassinet/Pram Kit – $109.99
- Baby Jogger City Select Lux Second Seat – $199.99
- Baby Jogger City Select Lux Bench Seat – ~$79.99
- Baby Jogger City Select Glider Board – $69.99
- Baby Jogger City Select Lux Belly Bar – $29.95
- UPPAbaby Vista Infant SnugSeat (works with Baby Jogger strollers) – $39.99
- Baby Jogger City Select Lux Maxi Cosi/Nuna/Cybex Car Seat Adapters – $29.95
- Baby Jogger City Select Lux Peg Perego/Chicco Car Seat Adapters – $59.95 (list); ~$40 on Amazon
- Baby Jogger City Select Lux Britax Car Seat Adapters – $29.95 (list); ~$21 on Amazon