A fashion blogger favorite, the Mutsy Evo has been making the rounds on social media. It is very photogenic, after all, and functional to boot. It features vegan leather accents, a near flat recline, a European-style bassinet, and can be set up to be forward or parent-facing. On the downside, it is a single stroller only (totally fine given the price point), has no suspension (though the ride is pretty smooth thanks to the large wheels), and a bulky fold.
Things We Love
- Fashion Blogger Favorite (Super Customizable, Too): The Mutsy Evo is straight up gorgeous and gets all the style points. It only comes in neutral, beautiful colors. We love it best with cognac accents, but you can’t go wrong with any of the options. You can customize your Mutsy Evo here.
- European-Style Bassinet: Mutsy sells its European-style bassinet separately for $200. It is suitable for babies up to 20 pounds.
- Nearly Flat Recline; Adjustable Footrest: The Evo’s backrest reclines independently of the entire seat, which allows for a flatter recline position. It also has an adjustable footrest.
- Forward or Parent-Facing: The Evo’s seat can face forward or backward, depending on your preference.
- Nice, Big Tires; No Suspension: The Evo rides smoothly thanks to its large, foam-filled tires, but it does not have any suspension, and will not fare well on rougher terrain.
- Most but Not All Important Accessories Included: The Evo comes with a bumper bar, stroller frame, main seat, canopy, and storage basket. All other accessories, like the bassinet, car seat adapters, rain shields, bug shields, footmuffs, and umbrellas are sold separately.
- Compatible with Our Favorite Car Seats: Although the car seat compatibility for the Evo is limited technically to Maxi Cosi and Graco car seats, Nuna and Cybex also use the same adapter mechanism as Maxi Cosi seats do, and therefore, the Evo is compatible with all three brands, plus Graco.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Heavy: Weighing in at 26.3 pounds, the Mutsy Evo is not a stroller you want to be lugging around too much.
- Easy but Bulky Fold: The Mutsy Evo folds easily and simply with the seat attached. The folded package is relatively compact for a full-sized stroller, but still large enough that you’ll want to measure your trunk to make sure it will fit before purchasing.
- Decently Sized Storage Basket; Low Weight Limit: Although the Evo’s storage basket is decently sized, its weight limit is technically only 11 pounds, which won’t get you very far.
- Not Convertible to a Double Stroller: The Evo is a single stroller and does not convert to a double stroller.
Buy the Accessories
- Mutsy Evo Bassinet – ~$200
- Mutsy Evo Rain Cover – $28
- Mutsy Evo Footmuff – $79
- Mutsy Evo Maxi Cosi/Nuna/Cybex Car Seat Adapters – $35