The Joovy Qool is an affordable full-sized stroller with all the important features—it's modular, converts to a double, and is newborn compatible. Given the lower price point, you will be making a few compromises. The fold is bulky, the stroller is heavy, the footrest is not adjustable, and the large storage basket is difficult to access.
Buy the Joovy Qool
Buy the Accessories
What do I love most about the Joovy Qool?
The price! If you have your heart set on buying a new full-sized convertible stroller, this is the one to buy. (If you're okay with buying used, check out the UPPAbaby Vista or Baby Jogger City Select Lux, which can often be found for a steal.)
What else is great about the Joovy Qool?
- Modern Look: With its dark frame, leatherette handle bar, and neutral fabrics, the Joovy Qool has that modern, luxury look, without an eye-popping price tag.
- Cozy Bassinet Sold Separately: The Qool is compatible with Joovy’s sleek, cozy bassinet, sold separately for $150.
- Nice Recline (for a Bucket Seat): The Qool reclines nearly flat (for a bucket seat) but does not have an adjustable footrest. Newborns will need to use the bassinet or car seat and smaller infants who have outgrown the bassinet will need an infant insert for a proper fit.
- Forward or Parent-Facing: This stroller is modular and can be used forward-facing or parent-facing.
- Convertible to Double Stroller: The Qool converts to a double stroller with the addition of a second seat, sold separately. The second seat’s weight limit is one of the highest weight limits on the market, at 55 pounds.
- Convertible to Triple Stroller: Many convertible strollers have a ride-along board accessory for small children, but the Qool takes this triple stroller concept one step further. In addition to the two main seats, you can add a bench seat ($89.99), which accommodates children up to 55 pounds.
- Two-Wheel Suspension; Big Wheels: The Qool rolls on rubber wheels with front-wheel suspension, providing a reasonably smooth ride even on more uneven surfaces.
- Compatible with Our Favorite Car Seats: The Qool is compatible with many of the most popular car seat brands, including Britax, Chicco, Cybex, Graco, Maxi Cosi, and Nuna.
What is less than awesome about the Joovy Qool?
- Heavy: Weighing in at 30.6 pounds as a single and 37.5 pounds as a double, the Qool is one of the heaviest full-sized strollers out there.
- Simple, Bulky Fold: The Qool folds very simply, but is not particularly compact. Please check your car’s trunk dimensions to make sure this stroller will fit before purchasing. The stroller folds easily with the primary seat or both seats attached.
- No Adjustable Footrest: The footrest is not adjustable.
- Good-Sized Storage Basket; Difficult to Access: As a single stroller, the Qool features a nicely-sized storage basket big enough to fit plenty of things. It is a bit difficult to access because of the stroller’s crossbar. As a double stroller, much of the storage space is eaten up by the second seat, which is true of most convertible strollers.
- No Accessories Included: The Qool comes with a bumper bar, but all other accessories, like rain shields, bassinets, second seats, bench seats, car seat adapters, and more are sold separately.
Featured photo via Jenn Hallack of The Overwhelmed Mommy.