In what ways is the UPPAbaby Vista better than the Silver Cross Wave?
- Lighter – Weighing in at 26.6lbs, the UPPAbaby Vista is 4.2lbs lighter than the Silver Cross Wave, which is pretty significant.
- Smaller Fold – Although slightly wider and thicker, the UPPAbaby Vista’s fold is significantly shorter than the Silver Cross Wave, which will make it easier to fit into trunks. (33” x 25.7” x 17.25” for the Vista vs. 37” x 23.6” x 15” for the Wave)
- Less Expensive – Running from $899 – $979, the UPPAbaby Vista is $320+ less expensive than the Silver Cross Wave for a very similar product.
In what ways is the Silver Cross Wave better than the UPPAbaby Vista?
- Better for Older Children – The Silver Cross Wave has a taller and wider seat than the UPPAbaby Vista (21” tall vs. 19.5” and 13” wide vs. 12”). The Silver Cross Wave also has a 55lb weight limit for the main seat (vs. 50lbs for the UPPAbaby Vista) and a 45lb weight limit for the second tandem seat (vs. 35lbs for the UPPAbaby Vista).
- Super Luxury – Every last detail looks and is super luxury.
In what ways are the Silver Cross Wave and UPPAbaby Vista similar?
- Luxury Details – Although the Silver Cross Wave is arguably more luxurious, both are luxury strollers, made by brands that have been thoughtful about every last detail.
- Suitable From Birth – Both strollers are suitable from birth with the included bassinet.
- Converts to Double Stroller – With the addition of a second toddler seat, these strollers convert to double strollers with ease. The Vista requires additional adapters, sold separately, while the Wave comes with accessories included.
- Ride-Along Board for Older Children – Both strollers have ride along board options for older children.
- Important Accessories Included – Both the Vista and the Wave come with a bassinet with apron, toddler seat rain cover, toddler seat and bassinet mosquito net, and bumper bar. The Wave also comes with bassinet rain cover, a toddler seat apron, a seat liner, and cup holders.
- Compatible with the Best Infant Car Seats – Both strollers are compatible with Nuna, Maxi Cosi, and Cybex infant car seats with car seat adapters sold separately.
- Handle Most Terrain Expertly – With locking front wheels and excellent suspension, both strollers handle most terrain expertly. Neither stroller is suitable for extensive off-roading (but can definitely handle an “off the beaten path” here or there.
- Generally Large & Heavy – All full-sized strollers are generally large and heavy, and these strollers are no different. The Vista is relatively light compared to other full-sized strollers whereas the Wave is relatively heavy.
- Bucket Seats – Both strollers have bucket seats, which do not allow for a full flat recline. (There are no convertible strollers on the market with seats that recline flat.)
Which would I get?
Personally, I'd get the UPPAbaby Vista because it's lighter and less expensive while still being plenty luxurious. However, if having the creme de la creme is important to you, the Silver Cross Wave may very well be the way to go.
- UPPAbaby Vista ($780+ price includes bassinet)
- UPPAbaby Vista + Rumble Seat ($1045+ price includes bassinet)
- UPPAbaby Vista Rumble Seat ($200)
- UPPAbaby Vista Lower Adapters for Double Stroller Conversion ($20)
- UPPAbaby Vista Upper Adapters for Double Stroller Conversion ($20)
- UPPAbaby Vista PiggyBack Ride-Along Board ($120)
- UPPAbaby Vista Infant SnugSeat ($40)
- UPPAbaby Vista Maxi Cosi/Nuna/Cybex Car Seat Adapters ($45)
- UPPAbaby Vista Peg-Perego Car Seat Adapters ($45)
- UPPAbaby Vista Leather Handlebar Add On Kit ($45)
- UPPAbaby Vista Leather Bumper Bar Add On Kit ($30)
- UPPAbaby Vista Parent Organizer ($35)
- UPPAbaby Bassinet Stand ($150)