In what ways is the Babyzen YOYO+ better than the Bugaboo Ant?
- Easier Fold – The YOYO+ has a simpler fold than the Ant, though it is about 2” bigger overall.
- Lighter – The YOYO+ weighs in at a super light 13.6 pounds. The Bugaboo Ant is 2.2 pounds heavier, weighing in at a heftier 15.8lbs.
- Sleeker Look – I prefer the look of the YOYO+ to that of the Ant, but both are nice.
In what ways is the Bugaboo Ant better than the Babyzen YOYO+?
- Better for Older Children – This is the number one reason the Ant is my favorite travel stroller. The seat extends to 22” (vs. 17” for the YOYO+) and has a weight limit of 50 pounds (vs. 40 pounds for the YOYO+). Children up to ~4 years old can comfortably enjoy a ride in the Bugaboo Ant, whereas children will outgrow the YOYO+ quite a bit sooner than that.
- Accommodates Newborns As Is – Although the Bugaboo Ant most comfortably accommodates newborns with the Ant / Bee Infant Cocoon accessory, it is technically newborn compatible as is, thanks to its lay flat seat.
- Better for Travel – The Bugaboo Ant folds 2” smaller than the Babyzen YOYO+, and is generally super compact. It also features a clever exterior pocket, which is accessible when folded.
- Better Height Adjustability – The handlebar adjusts from 37” – 41”, which makes it ideal for shorter and taller parents alike. The YOYO+ handlebar is set at 42”.
- Modular – The Ant can be set up to be parent-racing or forward-facing, whereas the YOYO+ is forward-facing only.
In what ways are the Bugaboo Ant and Babyzen YOYO+ similar?
- Great Travel Strollers – Both are great. The Ant folds 2” smaller but the YOYO+ weighs 2.2 pounds less. Neither of these two stats will make a huge difference when you’re traveling.
- Great Maneuverability – Both strollers handle pavement and general maneuverability well. (Both are mediocre on grass and neither handle uneven surfaces well, due to their size.)
- Compatible with the Best Infant Car Seats – Both strollers are compatible with Nuna / Maxi Cosi / Cybex Car Seats with adapters sold separately.
- Great for Taller Parents – The YOYO+ handlebar is fixed at 42”, which is ideal for taller parents, versus 41” at its tallest setting for the Ant.
- Super High Quality – These are luxury travel strollers manufactured with high quality details.
- Similar Price Points – For the stroller only, the YOYO+ is $50-$100 less expensive than the Ant. However, including the newborn accessories, the YOYO+ is actually $25-$75 more expensive than the Ant.
Personally, I’d get the Bugaboo Ant, because I prefer a stroller than can grow with my child. However, if having something that’s super lightweight is most important to you, the Babyzen YOYO+ may be the way to go.
Buy the Ant + Accessories
- Bugaboo Ant Travel Stroller ($499 – $549)
- Bugaboo Ant / Bee Newborn Cocoon ($99)
- Bugaboo Ant / Maxi Cosi/Nuna/Cybex Car Seat Adapters ($49)
- Bugaboo Ant Footmuff ($129+)
- Bugaboo Ant Rain Cover ($45)