The Silver Cross Wave is jaw-droppingly gorgeous in that classy, under-stated European way that makes my heart swoon. It's also super functional. On the (potential) downside, it's a tank. Definitely break out the measuring tape to make sure this will fit wherever you plan to fit it (your trunk, hallway, garage, etc.) before you commit!
— BUY THE SILVER CROSS WAVE + ACCESSORIES —
*Note: Most accessories are included with the main stroller, and many of these items are available in multiple colorways!
— IMPORTANT STATS —
HOW BIG IS IT?
Silver Cross Wave Dimensions
- Unfolded - L44" x W24" x H37-43"
- Folded - L38" x W24" x H15"
- Seat - W13" | H21"
HOW HEAVY IS IT?
Silver Cross Wave Weight
- Frame: 24.2 lbs
- Bassinet: 7.3 lbs
- Main Seat: 6.6 lbs
- Tandem Seat: 6.4 lbs
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
— SILVER CROSS WAVE PROS & CONS —
— WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS STROLLER —
+ SUITABLE FROM BIRTH
- Cozy, beautiful bassinet included with stroller
- Compatible with all my favorite carseats
+ CONVERTS TO A DOUBLE STROLLER
- Can be used as a double stroller out of the box with included bassinet and toddler seat (second toddler seat sold separately)
- Add a third older child with the Stroller Board.
+ GREAT FOR OLDER CHILDREN
- Taller seat for taller children, measuring 21” tall versus 20” for the comparable UPPAbaby Vista V2
- Wider seat for larger children, measuring 13” wide versus 12” for the comparable UPPAbaby Vista V2
- Weight limit of 55lbs for the main seat (vs. 50lbs for the UPPAbaby Vista) and 45lbs for the second tandem seat (vs. 35lbs for the UPPAbaby Vista)
+ SUPER LUXURY EVERYTHING
- Every last detail has been thought through with this stroller, and it shows!
+ HANDLES (MOST) TERRAIN EXPERTLY
- Excellent maneuverability
- Excellent suspension
- Lockable front wheels for trickier terrain (like sand)
- Not suitable for extensive off-roading
— WHAT I DON'T LOVE ABOUT THIS STROLLER —
- LARGE FOLDED SIZE -
- The folded size is especially long, coming in at 37” x 23.6” x 15,” which is nearly 5” longer than the UPPAbaby Vista when folded. Definitely make sure this stroller fits in your trunk before committing!
- HEAVY -
- Weighing in at 30.8lbs, the Silver Cross Wave is a full 3.8lbs heavier than the UPPAbaby Vista V2, which is significant.
- EXPENSIVE -
- Coming in at $1299 for the base model, this luxury stroller definitely has a luxury price tag (compared to $999 for the UPPAbaby Vista). Thankfully, all the important accessories are included!
Not sold on the Silver Cross Wave?
Here are some great alternatives...
— UPPAbaby Vista V2 —
Silver Cross Wave ($1299) vs. UPPAbaby Vista ($970)
I have a whole post on the pros and cons of the Silver Cross Wave vs. the UPPAbaby Vista here, but the TLDR is that personally, I'd get the UPPAbaby Vista because it's lighter and less expensive while still being plenty luxurious. However, if having the creme de la creme is important to you, the Silver Cross Wave may very well be the way to go.
— Mockingbird —
Silver Cross Wave ($1299) vs. Mockingbird ($350)
The Mockingbird is in an entirely different league than the Silver Cross Wave or the UPPAbaby Vista V2. It is significantly less expensive and also quite a bit less luxurious in its details. However, similar to the Wave, it is a highly functional stroller that converts into a double (and triple!) stroller, with ease. And it looks pretty great while doing it!
— Thule Sleek —
Silver Cross Wave ($1299) vs. Thule Sleek ($830)
The Thule Sleek is a sportier (but still very luxury) alternative to a stroller like the Silver Cross Wave or UPPAbaby Vista. It does all the same things—converting into a double stroller, handling a variety of terrain with ease—but with a more athletic, more toned-down look than its upscale counterparts.
— Bugaboo Donkey 3 —
Silver Cross Wave ($1299) vs. Bugaboo Donkey3 ($1299)
The Bugaboo Donkey3 converts into a side-by-side double stroller, which has its pros and cons (some find the added width cumbersome). The Donkey3 has all the luxury details you'd expect from a stroller at this price point, including great maneuverability and thoughtful design.
Not sure a convertible stroller is what you need?
There are plenty of other options...
Don't need a stroller for two?
You may need a single full-sized stroller instead.
Want something smaller?
You may need a standard stroller instead.
Want something truly compact?
You may need a travel stroller instead.
Want something sportier?
You may need an all-terrain stroller instead.
Considering something other than what I've recommended?
Here are some strollers you may find yourself considering (that I wouldn't personally choose...)
Although the Baby Jogger City Select Lux ($750) and Baby Jogger City Select ($530) are similar, I prefer the Silver Cross Wave or the UPPAbaby Vista V2 by a long shot. On the budget side, I like the Joovy Qool ($440) but the Mockingbird is a little better looking while being similarly priced. I also don't love the Nuna Demi Grow ($980), the Joolz Geo ($1050), or the Britax B-Ready ($540), because the second seat seat is positioned in such a way that it is all too easy to trip over. While all of these strollers have similar features, both the Wave and the Vista look and (most importantly) perform better than the alternatives currently available on the market today.
Prices in parentheses are for the single stroller models plus the bassinet accessory. Bassinets are sold separately and are included for comparison purposes, since both the Silver Cross Wave and UPPAbaby Vista come with bassinets included.
This article was last updated August 2020.