No Nasty Anything | Great for Sensitive Bottoms | Grippy | Not Too Wet
Super grippy, not too wet, and available via the Honest Co. subscription plan, Honest Co. wipes are tied for our top pick for best baby wipes for sensitive skin, though they are not compostable.
Things We Love
- Chemical and Fragrance-Free: Alcohol-free. Paraben-free. Fragrance-free.
- Gentle & Effective: Honest Co. wipes are soft on sensitive skin and are wet enough to clean up messes. They also have a great texture that picks up solid mess with ease.
- No Evil Ingredients: Honest Co. wipes have significantly more ingredients than Water Wipes, but all of them are safe. The only ingredient in Honest Co. wipes that rates above a 1 on the EWG Skin Deep database is citric acid, which is a (still very safe) 2.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- No Preservatives = Occasional Molding: Like Water Wipes, Honest Co. wipes are preservative-free and, therefore, susceptible to mold. A few packages of these wipes were recalled in 2017 over molding issues, but Honest Co. has since removed that batch from circulation.
Honest Co. Wipes Alternatives
- If you want a commercially compostable baby wipe… Water Wipes are the best. For something less expensive, try Jackson Reece Fragrance Free Wipes or Fragrance Free Naty Wipes for about 60% the cost, though both do contain preservatives, which can irritate super sensitive skin. Swisspers cotton pads with warm water are another DIY alternative great for super sensitive bums.
- If you want a less expensive wipe... Pampers Pure, 7th Generation Free & Clear, Pampers Sensitive, Huggies Simply Clean Fragrance Free, and Target Up & Up wipes are all less expensive options, though they do all also contain preservatives, which can irritate sensitive skin.
EWG Overall Score: 1
Individual ingredients rated above an EWG 1…
- Citric Acid (adjusts acidity) – EWG 2
- Honest Co. Wipes (list) – $0.07/wipe
- Honest Co. Wipes (subscription via honest.com) – $0.05/wipe