No Nasty Anything | Great for Sensitive Bottoms | Compostable
Swispers pads are a DIY solution perfect for wiping sensitive bottoms, but obviously not ideal for the myriad other things parents clean with wipes, since they don't come pre-soaked.
Things We Love
- No Nasty Anything: The pads are made from 100% cotton, so they’re super soft and free from weird ingredients. We’d love them more if they were organic, but these are already better than most of what’s out there.
- Great for Super Sensitive Skin: Even Water Wipes can be too rough on some newborn bottoms. Because these pads are super soft, they are gentle on irritated bottoms.
- Compostable: 100% cotton = 100% compostable
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Not As Convenient: You’ll have to wet these yourself, since they are not designed to be used as baby wipes, but that’s pretty simple. Just grab a spray bottle, fill it with water, and keep it at your changing station. There are even spray bottles designed to hold warm water, if you especially want to pamper baby’s bottom. On the go, just wet with water from your own water bottle.
- If you want a wipe that is great on sensitive bums that you don't have to spray wet… try Water Wipes or Honest Co. wipes, both of which are fantastic.
- If you want a compostable wipe that you don't have to spray wet… try Water Wipes, Jackson Reece Fragrance Free Wipes, or Fragrance Free Naty Wipes.
EWG Score: 1
- 100% cotton and nothing more
- Swissperss Cotton Cleansing Pads – $0.08/pad (list)