Grippy | Cloth-Like Feel | Just Right Wetness | Mild Potential Skin Irritant
Pampers Aqua Pure wipes are 99% water, but do know that the other 1% contains preservatives and a few other EWG 3 ingredients that can irritate some (very) sensitive booties. Otherwise, this is a great all-around baby wipe with decent grip and wetness.
Things We Love
- Chemical and Fragrance-Free: Alcohol-free. Paraben-free. Fragrance-free.
- Soft and Grippy: Super soft wipes with little scrubbers that help get bums (and faces and hands and other things) clean.
- Just Right Wetness: Not too wet. Not too dry. Juuuuust right.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Greenwashing: This wipe is from the new Pampers Pure line, which was created to compete with Honest Co. and other green-leaning baby brands. Just know that there's nothing especially environmentally-friendly about these wipes, despite the packaging.
- Known (Mild) Skin Irritant: Pampers Aqua Pure wipes contain sodium benzoate (preservative) and peg 40 hydrogenated castor oil (surfacant).
Pampers Aqua Pure Wipes Alternatives
- If you love how soft and grippy Pampers Aqua Pure wipes are, but want something with no preservatives/skin irritants… try Honest Co. wipes.
- If you love how soft and grippy Pampers Aqua Pure wipes are, but want something a bit less expensive… try Pampers Sensitive or Huggies Simply Clean Fragrance Free wipes.
- If you want a compostable wipe… try Water Wipes, Jackson Reece Fragrance Free Wipes, or Fragrance Free Naty Wipes.
EWG Overall Score: 2
Ingredients rated above an EWG 1…
- Sodium benzoate (preservative) – EWG 3
- Peg 40 hydrogenated castor oil (surfacant) – EWG 3
- Pampers Aqua Pure Wipes – $0.04/wipe