Commercially Compostable | Thick & Sturdy | Mild Potential Skin Irritant
A compostable wipe for 60% the price of Wet Wipes, some love thick, durable Fragrance Free Naty Wipes for their stellar cleaning ability and others find them too wet and sudsy. It's a matter of personal preference.
Things We Love
- Chemical and Fragrance-Free: Alcohol-free. Paraben-free. Fragrance-free.
- Environmentally Super Friendly: These wipes are commercially compostable!
- Nice and Thick: Soft and thick for big messes.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Maybe Too Sudsy: Some have complained that these wipes tend to get a bit too sudsy. If you like a dryer wipe, Honest Co. is a better bet.
- Known (Mild) Skin Irritant: Naty Wipes, despite being from a very natural-focused brand, contain three ingredients which are a 3 on the EWG Skin Deep scale: sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, and benzoic acid. While sodium benzoate and benzoic acid are pretty harmless, potassium sorbate is a known skin irritant, which seems like a silly ingredient to add to a natural baby wipe.
Fragrance Free Naty Wipes Alternatives
- If you want a compostable wipe that's preservative-free... try Water Wipes.
EWG Overall Score: 2
Individual ingredients rated above an EWG 1…
- Potassium sorbate (preservative) – EWG 3
- Sodium benzoate – EWG 3
- Benzoic acid – EWG 3
- Eco by Naty Sensitive Wipes – Unscented – $0.06/wipe
- Subscription available on Amazon Prime, though the cost is still about $0.06/wipe