Grippy | Just Right Wetness | Mild Potential Skin Irritant
Parasol wipes are a great wipe that is wetter than Honest Co. while still being grippy with a cloth-like feel. The only thing we don't love are preservatives that can irritate some [very] sensitive bums.
Things We Love
- Chemical and Fragrance-Free: Alcohol-free. Paraben-free. Fragrance-free. BUT, they do have a cucumber-y scent due to the use of cucumber extract in the ingredients.
- Velvety Soft: Super soft wipes with little scrubbers that help get bums (and faces and hands and other things) clean.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Several Mild Skin Irritants: Parasol wipes include potassium sorbate, tocopheryl acetate, sodium benzoate, and potassium hydroxide, each a non-worrisome 3 on the EWG Skin Deep database and mild skin irritants.
Parasol Wipes Alternatives
- If you love how soft and grippy Parasol wipes are, but want something with no preservatives/skin irritants… try Honest Co. wipes.
- If you love how soft and grippy Parasol wipes are, but want something a bit less expensive… try Pampers Pure, Pampers Sensitive, or Huggies Simply Clean Fragrance Free wipes.
- If you want a compostable wipe… try Water Wipes, Jackson Reece Fragrance Free Wipes, or Fragrance Free Naty Wipes.
EWG Overall Score: 2
Ingredients rated above an EWG 1…
- Potassium sorbate (preservative) – EWG 3
- Tocopheryl acetate (skin conditioner) -EWG 3
- Sodium benzoate (preservative) -EWG 3
- Potassium hydroxide (strong base used in soaps -EWG 3
- Parasol Baby Wipes – $0.08/wipe
- Subscriptions are for diapers and wipes together only on parasol.com