Grippy | Cloth-Like Feel | Mild Potential Skin Irritant
Easy to buy just about anywhere, and totally fine for all but the most sensitive of bottoms, Huggies Simply Clean Fragrance Free wipes are similar to Pampers Sensitive wipes, but contain an EWG 4 ingredient which seems a bit careless.
Things We Love
- Chemical and Fragrance-Free: Alcohol-free. Paraben-free. Fragrance-free.
- Soft and Grippy: Super soft wipes feature grip to help get bums (and faces and hands and other things) clean.
- Super Affordable: At two cents per wipe, this is a great option if you use wipes liberally or are on a tight budget.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Known (Mild) Skin Irritant: Huggies Simply Clean wipes contain malic acid (pH balancer), polysorbate 20 (surfacant), tocopheryl acetate (skin conditioning agent), sodium benzoate (preservative), all of which are a 3 or 4 (malic acid) on the EWG Skin Deep database. Many of these ingredients seem unnecessary.
Huggies Simply Clean Wipes Alternatives
- If you love how soft and grippy Huggies Simply Clean wipes are, but want something with no preservatives/skin irritants… try Honest Co. wipes.
- If you like these wipes for their price point but don't want any EWG 4 ingredients… try Pampers Sensitive or pay a bit more for Pampers Aqua Pure or 7th Generation Free & Clear wipes.
EWG Overall Score: 2
Individual ingredients rated above an EWG 1…
- Malic acid (pH balancer) – EWG 4
- Polysorbate 20 (surfacant) – EWG 3
- Tocopheryl acetate (skin conditioning agent) – EWG 3
- Sodium benzoate (preservative) – EWG 3
- Huggies Simply Clean Wipes – $0.02/wipe
- Subscription available on Amazon Prime, though the cost is still about $0.02/wipe