Grippy | Cloth-Like Feel | Mild Potential Skin Irritant
Pampers Sensitive Wipes are easy to buy just about anywhere, and totally fine for all but the most sensitive of bottoms.
Things We Love
- Chemical and Fragrance-Free: Alcohol-free. Paraben-free. Fragrance-free.
- Soft and Grippy: Super soft wipes feature a bit of grip to help get bums (and faces and hands and other things) clean.
- Super Affordable: At two cents per wipe, this is a great option if you use wipes liberally or are on a tight budget.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Known (Mild) Skin Irritant: Pampers Sensitive wipes contain sodium benzoate (preservative) peg 40 hydrogenated castor oil (surfacant), and Bis-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 Dimethicone (lotion), all of which are a 3 on the EWG Skin Deep database. The lotion seems especially unnecessary.
Pampers Sensitive Wipes Alternatives
- If you love how soft and grippy Pampers Sensitive wipes are, but want something with no preservatives/skin irritants… try Honest Co. wipes.
- If you want a compostable wipe that's preservative-free... try Water Wipes.
EWG Overall Score: 2
Individual ingredients rated above an EWG 1…
- Sodium benzoate (preservative) – EWG 3
- Peg 40 hydrogenated castor oil (surfacant) – EWG 3
- Bis-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 Dimethicone (lotion) – EWG 3
- Pampers Sensitive Wipes (list) – $0.03/wipe
- Pampers Sensitive Wipes (subscription via Amazon Prime) – $0.02/wipe