Commercially Compostable | No Nasty Anything | Great for Sensitive Bottoms
Our top pick for best baby wipes for sensitive skin and best compostable wipes, the only ingredients in Water Wipes solution are water and one drop of grapefruit seed extract– no nasties whatsoever. The wipe itself is also commercially compostable, which makes us positively gleeful.
Things We Love
- Chemical and Fragrance-Free: Alcohol-free. Paraben-free. Fragrance-free.
- No Weird Ingredients: The only ingredients in this wipe's solution are water and one drop of grapefruit seed extract. Nothing weird to see here!
- Gentle & Effective: They are soft on sensitive skin and wet enough to clean up big messes. Win/win.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Packaging: You can only get one wipe out at a time, which is not particularly great for super messy diaper explosion situations. Some parents solve for this by pulling out a few wipes before initiating the diaper change, and just shoving what they don’t use back into the package.
- No Preservatives = Occasional Molding: Because these wipes are basically just water and have no preservatives, they can mold after opening. Water Wipes recommends you use an opened package within four weeks. On the bright side, there are no preservatives to irritate sensitive bums.
Water Wipes Alternatives
- If you want a less wet wipe that is equally free of scary ingredients… Honest Co. wipes are a little less wet but significantly grippier.
- If you want a cheaper commercially compostable wipe… Fragrance Free Naty Wipes and Jackson Reece Fragrance Free Wipes are great options for about 60% the cost, though they both do contain preservatives, which can irritate super sensitive skin.
- If $0.10 per wipe is just too much… any and all of the wipes on our list are less expensive. Pick the one that suits you!
EWG Score: 1
- No sketchy ingredients whatsoever.
- Water Wipes (list) – $0.10/wipe