The new Bugaboo Fox is everything we wish the Cameleon 3 would've been and more. Weighing in at less than 22 pounds, the Fox is one of the lightest full-size strollers on the market, without many compromises. It accommodates children up to 48.5 pounds, has gorgeous fabrics and accessories, pushes smoothly over most terrain thanks to its large wheels and suspension, and is all-around just a fantastic luxury stroller. The only downsides are that the toddler seat does not recline flat as the Cybex Priam Lux and Nuna Mixx2 do, and the footrest is not adjustable.
Things We Love
- Luxury, Customizable Look: The Bugaboo Fox is nothing short of gorgeous, and you can individually select your seat fabric, canopy fabric, frame color, handlebar grips, and even your wheel cap color for a completely customized look.
- Super Lightweight for a Full-Size Stroller: Weighing only 21.8 pounds, the Fox is the lightest full-size, luxury stroller by a lot– nearly five pounds lighter than the UPPAbaby Vista and nearly 10 pounds lighter than strollers like the Baby Jogger City Select Lux.
- Seat Becomes Bassinet: The seat is both a bassinet and a seat, using the same frame and different fabric. This means one fewer thing to store between ages and stages.
- Great Recline (for a Bucket Seat): The Fox reclines super deep with the push of a button; however, due to the molded bucket seat, the Fox will never recline completely flat.
- Large Storage Basket: The storage basket is sufficiently large and can support up to 22 pounds of storage.
- Forward or Parent-Facing: The seat can face forward or backward, depending on your preference.
- Large All-Terrain Wheels and All-Wheel Suspension: Riding on large wheels with all-wheel suspension, the Fox can tackle most terrain with easy.
- Huge Sun Canopy: The sun canopy extends all the way to the bumper bar for maximum coverage.
- Cool Harness Feature: Thanks to an interior memory foam, the harness straps stay out of the way while you place baby in the seat. The harness also adjusts up and down easily without needing to be rethreaded.
- Many Accessories Included: The Fox comes with both the seat and bassinet (since it’s the same thing), the bumper bar, and a rain cover. Other super well-designed accessories, like footmuffs, parasols, snack trays, cup holders, and more are sold separately.
- Compatible with Our Favorite Car Seats: Bugaboo sells adapters for Britax, Cybex, Maxi Cosi, Nuna, and Peg Perego car seats for $44.95.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- No Adjustable Footrest: The Fox does not have an adjustable footrest.
- Too Many Harness Attachment Points: The five point harness has four attachment points instead of the usual two, which means more time spent buckling in. Not ideal, but also not a deal breaker.
- Bulky but Easy Fold: Folding the Fox is simple, but the resulting fold is pretty bulky (though similar in size to other full-size stroller folds). Definitely check the dimensions to make sure this stroller will fit in your trunk before purchasing.
- Not Convertible to a Double Stroller: The Fox is a single stroller and does not convert to a double stroller. It does, however, accommodate a ride-on board for older children.
Buy the Accessories
- Bugaboo Wheeled Ride-On Board – ~$125
- Bugaboo Fox Maxi Cosi/Nuna/Cybex Car Seat Adapters – $44.95
- Bugaboo Fox Peg Perego Car Seat Adapters – $44.95
- Bugaboo Fox Britax Car Seat Adapters – $44.95
- Bugaboo Fox Footmuff – $90 and up