Similar to the Primo Viaggio 4-35 Nido, but $100 cheaper and featuring an anti-rebound bar instead of an anti-rebound bar and a load leg, the Primo Viaggio 4-35 has a traditional look with contrast stitching that is not nearly as modern as many other infant car seats on the market these days, but is nonetheless very nice-looking.
Things We Love
- Taxi and Rideshare-Friendly: Thanks to the European-style belt path, the 4-35 Nido installs beautifully, safely, and most importantly, quickly without a base. This is great news for city dwellers or frequent travelers who hail lots of taxis, Ubers, and Lyfts.
- No-Rethread Harness: The 6-position height adjustable headrest automatically positions the harness into the correct spot. No rethreading necessary!
- Near Full-Coverage Canopy: The “Pagoda” canopy can be unzipped for extra coverage to protect baby from sun and wind.
- Small Footprint: At only 25.9 inches deep, the 4-35 takes up significantly less front seat legroom than other seats, including the Nido.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Traditional Looking Seat: The Peg-Perego car seats have a more traditional look to them than brands like Nuna, Maxi Cosi, Cybex, and UPPAbaby. While they do come in nice neutral colors, we’re not in love with the contrast-color stitching detail. Acceptable colors include Onyx, Cream, and Atmosphere.
- Somewhat Limited Stroller Compatibility: The Peg-Perego Nido 4-35 is compatible with Baby Jogger, Bob, Britax, Bugaboo, Contours, Joovy, Kolcraft, Peg-Perego, Phil & Teds, and UPPAbaby strollers.