Extra Super-Duper Safe | Traditional Look | Full Coverage Canopy | Expensive
A very nice full featured car seat, the Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 Nido is a great car seat… assuming the high price tag, contrast stitching, and limited stroller compatibility don’t bother you.
Things We Love
- Safety Features Galore + Load Leg AND Anti-Rebound Bar: In addition to exceeding standard safety requirements for infant car seats, the Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio 4-25 Nido features side impact protection, a load leg on its base, and an anti-rebound bar. It has it all!
- Taxi and Rideshare-Friendly: Thanks to the European-style belt path, the Nido installs beautifully, safely, and most importantly, quickly without a base. This is great news for city dwellers or frequent travelers who hail lots of taxis, Ubers, and Lyfts.
- No-Rethread Harness: The 6-position height adjustable headrest automatically positions the harness into the correct spot. No rethreading necessary!
- Near Full-Coverage Canopy: The canopy can be unzipped for extra coverage to protect baby from sun and wind.
- Medium Footprint: At 28.5 inches deep, the Nido takes up more space than the Nuna Pipa (25.2 inches) or the Cybex Aton seats (24.8-25.6 inches), and every inch of legroom counts in compact cars.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Traditional Looking Seat: The Peg-Perego car seats have a more traditional look to them than brands like Nuna, Maxi Cosi, Cybex, and UPPAbaby, but they do come in nice neutral colors. We’re not in love with the contrast-color stitching detail though.
- Somewhat Limited Stroller Compatibility: The Nido is only compatible with Baby Jogger, Bob, Britax, Bugaboo, Contours, Joovy, Peg-Perego, Phil & Teds, and UPPAbaby strollers.