Things We Love
- One Good Color: The Cybex Aton looks best in Black Beauty, though it is available in other colors, most of which are too bright for our taste.
- Taxi and Rideshare-Friendly: Thanks to the European-style belt path, the Cybex Aton installs beautifully, safely, and most importantly, quickly without a base. This is great news for city dwellers or frequent travelers who hail lots of taxis, Ubers, and Lyfts.
- Small Footprint: At only 24.8 inches deep, the Cybex Aton takes up less space in your backseat than most infant car seats, freeing up extra legroom for front seat passengers.
- Light Weight: Weighing in at 8.8lbs, this is one of the lighter car seats.
- Extensive Stroller Compatibility: The Cybex Aton is compatible with all strollers that accept Maxi Cosi adapters. Some popular strollers with which the Cybex Aton is compatible include Austlen, Baby Jogger, Babyhome, Babyzen, Bugaboo, Bumbleride, Cybex, Contours, Jané, Joovy, iCandy, Mamas & Papas, Micralite, Mountain Buggy, Mutsy, Nuna, Peg Perego, Phil & Teds, Quinny, Stokke, UPPAbaby, Valco Baby.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Minimal Safety Features: Although the Cybex Aton meets all federal safety requirements, it does not have side impact protection or a load leg/anti rebound bar.
- Rethread Harness: The harness must be rethreaded as your baby grows. This is kind of a pain, but thankfully, not something you have to do very often.
- Suboptimal Canopy: The canopy on Cybex seats hides neatly when folded away, but fully extended, it’s not the best. It is somewhat short, especially compared to the Nuna Pipa’s Dream Drape, and doesn’t completely protect baby from sun or wind.
- Somewhat Polarizing Design: The design of the car seat itself is a bit futuristic for some tastes, with the canopy reminding some of a pill bug.