Things We Love
- Great Colors, Somewhat Polarizing Design: The Cybex Aton Cloud Q is available in great neutrals as well as other colors, and you can’t go wrong with any of them. The design of the car seat itself is a bit futuristic for some tastes, with the canopy reminding some of a pill bug.
- Safety Features Galore + Load Leg: In addition to exceeding standard safety requirements for infant car seats, the Cybex Aton Cloud Q features linear side impact protection and a load leg on its base, which helps prevent rebound in a crash.
- Near-Flat Recline: Outside of a moving vehicle, the Cybex Aton Cloud Q can be reclined to a near flat position with one hand without disturbing baby. This is great news for babies who tend to fall asleep in the car and need to be migrated inside for the remainder of their nap.
- Taxi and Rideshare-Friendly: Thanks to the European-style belt path, the Cybex Aton Q installs beautifully, safely, and most importantly, quickly without a base. This is great news for city dwellers or frequent travelers who hail lots of taxis, Ubers, and Lyfts.
- No-Rethread Harness: The 11-position height adjustable headrest automatically positions the harness into the correct spot. No rethreading necessary!
- Extensive Stroller Compatibility: The Cybex Aton Cloud Q is compatible with all strollers that accept Maxi Cosi adapters. Some popular strollers with which the Cybex Aton Cloud Q is compatible include Austlen, Baby Jogger, Babyhome, Babyzen, Bugaboo, Bumbleride, Cybex, Contours, Jané, Joovy, iCandy, Mamas & Papas, Micralite, Mountain Buggy, Mutsy, Nuna, Peg Perego, Phil & Teds, Quinny, Stokke, UPPAbaby, Valco Baby.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Suboptimal Canopy: The canopy on Cybex seats hides neatly when folded away, but fully extended, it’s not the best. It is somewhat short, especially compared to the Nuna Pipa’s Dream Drape, and doesn’t completely protect baby from wind and sun.
- Verging Toward Legroom Hog: At 26.4 inches deep, the Cybex Aton Cloud Q takes up more space than the Nuna Pipa or other Cybex Aton models. If you have an especially compact car and need extra front seat legroom, this might not be the ideal car seat for you. An inch or two makes a surprisingly big difference!
- Downright Heavy: Weighing in at 13.9lbs, this is one of the heavier infant car seats out there, and nearly twice as heavy as the Nuna Pipa!
- Cybex Aton Cloud Q – $400
- Discounts can be found at Buy Buy Baby and other online retailers for $299.99.