Things We Love
- Nice Design, Limited Colors: The design of the Mico 30 is similar to the Mico Max 30. Our favorite colors are Devoted Black and Grey Gravel.
- Some Additional Safety Features: The Maxi Cosi Mico 30 has side impact protection, but no anti-rebound bar or load leg.
- Easy to Clean: Maxi Cosi loves to talk about how easy this car seat is to clean, which is a definite plus. But while it’s true that the cover can technically be machine washed and dried, parents have reported fabric fading and even shrinkage from doing this, so beware and follow all instructions. Also, most car seats are pretty easy to clean, but other brands don’t play it up as much in their marketing because they have other things to talk about.
- Taxi and Rideshare-Friendly (American Belt Path): The Maxi Cosi Mico 30 has an American-style belt path, meaning the seat belt only attaches at two points and does not wrap around the back of the car seat. Although the American-style belt path isn’t quite as secure as the European-style belt path, it does still allow for a safe, quick, easy baseless install using a car’s locking seat belt. This is great news for city dwellers or frequent travelers who hail lots of taxis, Ubers, and Lyfts. (Note: Some car seat safety techs recommend using a rolled up towel or pool noodle when installing the car seat using the seat belt, especially on slopey seats. Always check for no more than one inch of movement side-to-side and front-to-back when installing your car seat without a base.
- Light: Weighing in at 8.9lbs, this is one of the lighter car seats.
- Extensive Stroller Compatibility: Maxi Cosi car seats are compatible with all strollers that accept Maxi Cosi adapters. Some popular strollers with which the Maxi Cosi Mico 30 is compatible include Austlen, Baby Jogger, Babyhome, Babyzen, Bugaboo, Bumbleride, Cybex, Contours, Jané, Joovy, iCandy, Mamas & Papas, Micralite, Mountain Buggy, Mutsy, Nuna, Peg Perego, Phil & Teds, Quinny, Stokke, UPPAbaby, Valco Baby.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Missing Some Fancy Safety Features: The Maxi Cosi Mico 30 does not have an anti-rebound bar or load leg.
- Rethread Harness: The harness must be rethreaded as your baby grows. This is kind of a pain, but thankfully, not something you have to do very often.
- Saggy Canopy: The canopy on Maxi Cosi seats tends to sag and many people find that it doesn’t pull nearly as taught as it does in photos they’ve seen of the product on Maxi Cosi’s website. It is also not super large, like the Nuna Pipa Dream Drape.
- Space Hog: At 27.25 inches deep with the base, the Mico 30 is a bit of a space hog, but less of a space hog than the Mico Max 30.