Holy workhorse. The GroVia O.N.E. is super absorbent, comfortable for babies 10 to 35 pounds, and easy to clean. As an added bonus, you can use either snaps or hook-and-loop (velcro) closures, and it is organic. On the downside, because the soaker pads are only attached at the back, the O.N.E. can be slightly more challenging for caregivers not used to cloth diapering and for those with squirmier babies. It is also bulky, meaning your baby's fashion repertoire might be limited to dresses, skirts, harem pants, and loose-fitting joggers.
Things We Love
- One Size Diaper: This diaper fits babies 10-35+ pounds. It is not suitable for most newborns.
- Easy to Clean: This is one of the easier diapers to clean since there aren’t many nooks and crannies.
- Simple Laundry Process: Rinse off solids. Place in diaper pail. Rinse cold. Wash hot. Hang dry for longevity or machine dry low for sanity. Put away. Sometimes the inserts come unsnapped and you'll have to snap them back into place, but you don't have to remove them for each wash like you do with pocket diapers.
- Very Absorbent: The GroVia O.N.E. has three different absorbency options. Using both pads together, this diaper is very absorbent, but also quite bulky. Using just the larger soaker pad, this diaper is sufficiently absorbent for daytime use, and slightly less bulky.
- Leak and Blowout Free: Thanks to the adjustable fit and high quality elastic, the GroVia O.N.E. contains leaks and prevents blowouts. Though leaks are a possibility once the absorbent pads are soaked through, many parents who use these diapers report never experience a single blowout!
- Organic: This diaper’s inner liner is 100% organic cotton and it is made with a TPU waterproof lining, a fabric which is produced more sustainably than PUL, a cloth diaper standard.
- Snaps or Velcro: O.N.E. diapers come standard with an optional velcro (hook and loop) fastening option. Because the velcro attaches to the snaps, it is easy to replace the velcro if/when it loses its stick.
- Favorite Colors: GroVia diapers come in lovely muted colors. We like Snow (white) best. Since cloth diaper blowouts are rare, you don’t have to worry about the outer portion of the diaper staining. We also like Abalone (blue/green), Rose (dusty pink), and Haze (dusty light purple).
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Bulky Fit: The GroVia O.N.E. has a bulky fit and only fits well under certain types of clothes, like harem pants and loose-fitting joggers. This is typical of most cloth diapers.
- Fits Older Babies Best: We like this diaper best once it’s in its largest size, and it seems to fit older infants and toddlers especially well. When it’s snapped down to a smaller rise, it fits smaller babies decently too, but you may have to tuck in the insert.
- Somewhat More Challenging for Caregivers: Because the liners must be folded onto the child’s body for each wear, it is very difficult to do a “standing diaper change” or otherwise strap this diaper onto a squirmy toddler. Otherwise this diaper is very straightforward.
GroVia O.N.E. Alternatives
- If you want a diaper that's easier for caregivers… the bumGenius 5.0 has great all-around absorbency and the bumGenius Elemental is stupidly easy to use, though it's less absorbent.
- If you want a slimmer-fitting diaper… GroVia One Size All in One is the slimmest, with the bumGenius Elemental as a close second. The bumGenius 5.0 is about as absorbent as the GroVia O.N.E., but is slightly less bulky.
- GroVia O.N.E. – $22.95/diaper
- GroVia O.N.E. in Bulk – $21.80/diaper (when you buy 3-6 diapers), $21.34/diaper shell (when you buy 7-11 diapers), $20.66/diaper shell (when you buy 12+ diapers)