The slimmest cloth diaper and, in our humble opinion, the all around best cloth diaper, the GroVia All in One is a total workhorse despite its minimal footprint. Fitting babies from 10 to 35 pounds, this diaper can be worn under leggings and skinnies without bulk, is super absorbent with some room for adjustability, contains blowouts like it's its job (it is), and requires no stuffing. Because of the way this diaper goes on, it is slightly more challenging for caregivers not used to cloth diapering and for those with squirmier babies.
Things We Love
- Slim Fit: The GroVia AIO fits very slim and can be worn under skinnies. It is still bulkier than disposable diapers and you will still see the diaper's snaps under leggings and tights, but at least the booty footprint isn’t ginormous! Also, because of the way this diaper goes on, it has a significantly cleaner look than most cloth diapers.
- One Size Diaper: This diaper fits babies 10-35+lbs. It is not suitable for most newborns.
- Fits Most Babies Well: Despite the slim fit and narrower coverage, this diaper still performs like a total workhorse. We love the elastic side pieces and size adjustability options, which allow this diaper to fit even chunky-thighed babes.
- Straightforward Poop Spraying Situation: Because the second absorbent layer is smaller and stacked neatly beneath the top liner, this diaper is remarkably easy to rinse. There are a few nooks and crannies to contend with in the elastic leg openings, but that’s true of most cloth diapers.
- Easy Laundry Process: Rinse off solids. Place entire diaper in diaper pail. Rinse cold. Wash hot. Hang dry for longevity or machine dry low for sanity. Put away.
- Impressively Absorbent for Size: Considering how slim this diaper is, we thought it would perform poorly in the absorbency department. Wrong! While this diaper has limited absorbency adjustability (it's difficult to add more absorbency without bulking up the diaper tremendously), it is sufficiently absorbent for day wear as it is.
- Leak and Blowout Free: Thanks to the adjustable fit and high quality elastic, this diaper contains leaks and prevents blowouts very well, though–as with any diaper–leaks are a possibility once the absorbent pads are soaked through.
- No Stuffing: Since this diaper is all one piece, you do not have to remove or stuff the liners before and after washing. Yay!
- Organic: This diaper’s inner liner is 100% organic cotton and it is made with a TPU waterproof lining, a fabric which is produced more sustainably than PUL, a cloth diaper standard.
- Favorite Colors: GroVia diapers come in lovely muted colors. We like Snow (white) best. Since blowouts are extremely rare with cloth diapers, you don’t have to worry about the outer portion of the diaper staining and white looks good under everything. We also like Abalone (blue/green), Rose (dusty pink), and Haze (dusty light purple).
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Somewhat More Challenging for Caregivers: Because the liners must be folded onto the body for each wear, it is very difficult to do a “standing diaper change” or otherwise strap this diaper onto a squirmy toddler. Otherwise this diaper is very straightforward.
- Not Suitable for Overnight Use: Because this diaper has limited absorbency adjustability, it is not suitable for overnight use or super heavy wetters.
GroVia All in One Alternatives
- If you prefer a cloth diaper with more adjustable absorbency (for heavy wetters)… try bumGenius 5.0, GroVia O.N.E., and GroVia Hybrid diapers.
- GroVia All in One Cloth Diaper – $23.95/diaper
- GroVia All in One Cloth Diapers in Bulk – $22.75/diaper (when you buy 3-6 diapers), $22.27/diaper (when you buy 7-11 diapers), $21.56/diaper (when you buy 12+ diapers)