With a design nearly identical to the Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle, the Little Lotus Swaddle uses Outlast temperature-regulation technology, first developed for NASA spacesuits, which helps keep babies at the perfect temperature in room temperatures between 64-72 degrees. It is totally foolproof for parents, baby Houdini-proof for babies, comes in two sizes, and is especially wonderful for worried parents who are constantly checking to make sure their little Goldilocks isn't too hot or too cold.
Things We Love
- Neutral Design Options: We are partial to Cream, but Mint is also acceptable in our book.
- Foolproof: You really can’t mess this one up. Getting the velcro wing snugness just right may take a tiny bit of practice, but it’s difficult to swaddle too tightly (unless you’re obviously yanking and pinching, in which case, ease up) and if it’s too loose, you’ll know right away when your baby escapes.
- Snug and Secure: The zippered sleep sack keeps baby’s legs in, and the velcro wings secure babes prone to escape artistry, assuming you swaddle baby snugly.
- Adjustable Weight Technical Fabric: This swaddle uses Outlast temperature-regulation technology, first developed for NASA spacesuits. It keeps babies at the perfect temperature regardless of fluctuations, and therefore this swaddle does not have a specific tog rating. Little Lotus recommends dressing baby in long sleeve footies underneath their swaddle for babies sleeping in normal room temperatures 64-72 degrees.
- Two Sizes: The Little Lotus comes in two sizes as a swaddle. Preemie fits premature babies (under 19 inches, under 8 pounds). Newborn fits babies from birth to three month (under 24 inches, under 13 pounds). Above 13 pounds, Little Lotus offers sleep sacks only.
- Multiple Swaddle Options: Swaddle arms down, arms crossed, one arm out, or both arms out.
- Easy Diaper Changes and Feeding: You can leave the Little Lotus Swaddle on the baby for diaper changes and feedings. For diaper changes, simply unzip the bottom portion of the swaddle, leaving arms swaddled or unswaddled. For feedings, unswaddle baby’s arms and wrap the swaddle’s velcro wings around baby’s middle section. One fewer wardrobe change!
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Expensive: At $75 for one and $130 for two, this swaddle is nearly three times as expensive as the Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle, which features a similar design less the technical fabric.
How It Differs From the Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle
The design of the Little Lotus and Halo Sleep Sack swaddles are very similar. The big difference is Little Lotus’s technical fabric and accompanying hefty price tag. If you are losing sleep over your baby’s temperature, constantly checking to make sure baby is warm or cool enough, Little Lotus might save you some grief. If you buy a thermometer and learn how to dress baby according to the tog system, Little Lotus is probably overkill.
- Little Lotus Swaddle – $75 for one; $130 for two; 20% off by signing up for their newsletter