The Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle is the best swaddle out there, but neutral design/non-hideous options are limited. We love that it's downright easy for parents– just zip and velcro– and even the wiggliest of baby Houdinis cannot accidentally startle themselves free. This swaddle can be used with both arms swaddled, one arm swaddled, or no arms swaddled (like a sleep sack), and can easily be kept on for diaper changes and midnight feeds. It's available in two sizes (newborn and small) and two tog weights (1.5 and 3.0).
Things We Love
- Foolproof: You really can’t mess this one up. Getting the velcro wing snugness just right may take a tiny bit of practice, but it’s difficult to swaddle too tightly (unless you’re obviously yanking and pinching, in which case, ease up) and if it’s too loose, you’ll know right away when your baby escapes.
- Snug and Secure: The zippered sleep sack keeps baby’s legs in, and the velcro wings secure babes prone to escape artistry, assuming you swaddle baby snugly.
- Cozy and Medium Weight Options Available: This swaddle comes in organic and conventional cotton (1.5 tog), cotton muslin (1.5 tog), micro-fleece (3.0 tog), and plushy dot velboa (3.0 tog). All are great, but we do have a bit of a bone to pick with the cotton muslin swaddles, since the fabric tends to pill when it comes in contact with velcro. (For more on warmth, see our tog chart.)
- Two Sizes: The Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle is available in two sizes. Newborn fits babies from birth to three months (19-23 inches, 6-12lbs). Small fits babies from three to six months (23-24 inches, 13-16 pounds).
- Multiple Swaddle Options: Swaddle arms down, arms crossed, one arm out, or both arms out.
- Easy Diaper Changes and Feeding: Unlike most swaddles, you can leave the Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle on the baby for diaper changes and feedings. For diaper changes, simply unzip the bottom portion of the swaddle, leaving arms swaddled or unswaddled. For feedings, unswaddle baby’s arms and wrap the swaddle’s velcro wings around baby’s middle section. One fewer wardrobe change!
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Hit or Miss Designs: The Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle designs are hit or miss. Some of their colors and patterns look pretty dated and kitchy, and some are totally fine. If you’re trying to keep things neutral, there are a few white and gray patterns that look best.
- Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle – ~$25