Cozy duvet meets snug swaddle with the Gunapod Swaddle Sack. Rated a 2.6 tog, it is ideal for cooler room temps (sub 68 degrees), and is a great option for those who aren't sure if their baby will like to be swaddled, since it transitions seamlessly into a mini sleep sack. The color options are limited (heather gray is the only decent option) and you'll have to remove this swaddle entirely to feed with baby's arms out, but otherwise we love this swaddle for cooler climates.
Things We Love
- Foolproof: You really can’t mess this one up. Place baby on the Gunapod. Secure baby's arms with velcro. Zip and button up the sleep sack. Voila.
- Snug and Secure: Because baby's arms are secured twice, once by the velcro straps for a snug fit and again by the sleep sack itself, there will be no escape artistry from the Gunapod, and unlike other zip-up sacks, like the ErgoCocoon or the Woombie, baby's arms are significantly more secure.
- Great Cozy Swaddle: This swaddle comes in one weight– 2.6 tog– and is ideal for room temperatures below 68 degrees Fahrenheit. (For more on warmth, see our tog chart.)
- Multiple Swaddle Options: This swaddle transitions seamlessly into a cozy sleep sack and allows multiple swaddle positions– both arms in, one arm out or both arms out.
- Easy Diaper Changes: You can leave the Gunapod on baby for diaper changes and feedings. It even opens from the bottom to make things super simple!
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Limited Neutral Colors: This swaddle comes in a nice enough heather gray, but the other patterns are not our favorite.
- Not for Warm Climates: This swaddle comes in one weight– 2.6 tog– and is not ideal for warmer climates.
- One Size: The Swaddle Sack is for babies 0-3 months with a maximum length of 25 inches.
- Not So Easy for Feeding: In order to feed with the arms out, you’ll have to take off the Gunapod Swaddle Sack entirely.
- Gunapod Swaddle Sack – $39.99