The only velcro swaddle that allows legs out, the Embe Babies Two-Way Swaddle is a pouch/zip/velcro system that functions similarly to the Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle but with a little less ease and a little better aesthetics. We love the look of this swaddle, with its simple, neutral designs and high quality fabrics. The Embe is great for summer babies or those who live in warm climates, but because of the lightweight fabric, not ideal for those with winter babes or those who live in cool climates.
Things We Love
- Simple, Neutral Designs: Embe swaddles come in simple patterns and neutral colors. You can't go wrong with any of them.
- Snug and Secure: Featuring a double swaddle design, zip baby's arms in for security, then wrap and velcro to adjust tightness. There will be no escape artistry here, assuming you swaddle baby snugly.
- Very Light and Lightweight Options Available: This swaddle comes in a very lightweight Classic (jersey knit) or more lightweight Lux (Peruvian Pima Cotton). Although they are not officially tog rated, the Classic is similar to a 0.5 tog and the Lux is similar to a 1.0 tog.
- Two Sizes: The Starter Collection is for babies 0 to 3 months, weighing 6 to 14 pounds. The Transitional Collection is for babies 3-6 months, weighing 12 to 18 pounds. The Transitional Collection allows multiple arm positions, whereas the Starter Collection only works with both arms swaddled in.
- Multiple Swaddle Options: The Transitional Collection allows multiple arm positions (arms in or out), whereas the Starter Collection only allows arms swaddled in.
- Easy Diaper Changes: You can leave the Embe Swaddle on baby for diaper changes and feedings, since feet are secured in a pouch you can simply remove.
- Legs in or Legs Out: What do you do when you get hot in bed? Stick a leg out! This swaddle design allows babies to be swaddled with their legs out, which is great for hot climates.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Easy but Not Foolproof: Swaddling requires multiple steps (see video below). Zipping baby's arms in is probably the most challenging part, and you may wish you had a third hand for the job.
- Not for Cool Climates: With their lightweight fabric, these swaddles are great for warmer climates, but not so great for cool nights.
- Not So Easy for Feeding: In order to feed with arms out, you’ll have to take off the Embe entirely.
- Embe Babies Two-Way Swaddle – $30 – $35