A simple carrier that does it all– inward-facing, outward-facing, back carry, and side/hip carry, the Beco Gemini is rated for babies 7-45 pounds and is both comfortable and nice-looking for parents of all shapes and sizes. Although it is available in a lot of colors and patterns (some of which are highly coveted by those who go a little nutty over carrier collecting… yeah that's a thing), there are limited options for nice neutrals.
Things We Love
- Four of Four Carry Positions: The Beco Gemini does inward-facing, outward-facing, back carry, and side/hip carry ergonomically.
- Infant-Ready: The Beco Gemini does not require an infant insert and is safe for babies 7-45 pounds.
- For Toddlers and Small Children Too: The Beco Gemini is rated for kiddos up to 45 pounds, which for those of you who haven’t memorized the pediatrician’s height/weight chart, is somewhere between ages 4 and 6.
- Comfortable: Thanks to the padded shoulder straps and waistband the Beco Gemini is quite comfortable and fits most adults.
- Zippered Pocket: The Beco Gemini has a zippered pocket that is neatly hidden on the waistband.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Not Super Compact: Although the Beco Gemini can be rolled in on itself, it is not nearly compact enough to fit nicely in a diaper bag once rolled.
- Limited Color Options: The Beco Gemini looks sharp in Metro Black and some other solids, but is also sold in a variety of colors and patterns we don’t love as much.
- Cool Mesh: The Beco Gemini has a cool mesh option available, but it is not very attractive. Without the cool mesh, this is a thicker and cozier carrier that is not ideal for super warm climates.
- Beco Gemini – $140+ (list)
- For deals on used carriers, check your favorite carrier Buy/Sell/Trade group
A Note: Beco and Boba merged forces in 2016, and although the brands remain independent, they have combined headquarters and operations.