A basic, nice-looking stroller at a decent price point, the Nuna Tavo rides smoothly on many surfaces thanks to its all-wheel suspension, and it is suitable from birth with its flat recline and adjustable footrest. On the downside, it is not compatible with a bassinet, is forward-facing only, has a rather large fold, and is one of the heavier standard strollers out there.
Things We Love
- Looks Great: The Nuna Tavo has an easy, modern look. We like it best in Caviar (black) or Aspen (dark blue).
- Flat Recline; Adjustable Footrest: The Tavo reclines flat (no bucket seat!) and has an adjustable footrest. By enclosing the reclined seat using straps hidden underneath the footrest, this seat becomes an enclosed flat space (similar to a bassinet) and is suitable for newborns. Although baby will be facing away from you as you stroll, you can check in easily using the peekaboo window, located on the canopy.
- Nice Sized Storage Basket: The Tavo’s storage basket is large and easy to access.
- Solid Suspension; Medium Wheels: The Tavo features all-wheel suspension on medium-sized (10 inch and 7.5 inch) wheels. It can handle most terrain, but is not designed for super bumpy trails.
- Compatible with the Best Car Seats: The Tavo is technically only compatible with Nuna car seats, but since Maxi Cosi and Cybex use the same adapter mechanism, those car seats will work with this stroller too.
- Some Not All Accessories Included: The Tavo comes with a bumper bar, and no car seat adapters are needed for Nuna, Maxi Cosi, or Cybex car seats. Rain covers, snack trays, and more are sold separately.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Medium Weight: Weighing in at 24.3lbs, the Tavo is slightly lighter than full-sized strollers and about 10 pounds heavier than travel strollers. It is one of the heavier strollers in the standard strollers category.
- Easy, Bulky Fold: The Tavo has a similar folded size to many larger full-sized strollers. Definitely measure your trunk to make sure this stroller will fit before purchasing.
- No Bassinet: The Tavo is not compatible with a bassinet.
- Not Modular: The Tavo seat is forward-facing only.
- Not Convertible to a Double Stroller: The Tavo is a single stroller and does not convert to a double stroller.
Nuna Tavo Alternatives
- If you want a standard stroller that accepts a bassinet… Mutsy Evo, UPPAbaby Cruz, Mamas and Papas Sola 2, Mamas and Papas Urbo 2, and Mamas and Papas Flip XT 2 are all good options.
- Nuna Tavo – $349.95, though some colors are available for as low as $249.95 online