Motherlove Diaper Balm works, and it has absolutely zero sketchy ingredients. It has no detectable scent, is technically cloth diaper safe, and has the best EWG rating of 1. On the downside, it's a bit pricey if you use a lot of diaper rash cream.
Things We Love
- Works Like a Charm: This stuff works. Apply at the first sign of a rash, and–assuming you’ve addressed the core issue (friction, chemical/food sensitivity, illness, and/or wetness), baby’s bottom will be better in no time.
- Very Little or No Scent: Those with extra sensitive noses might be able to pick up a little eau de something mild and vague, but mostly, Motherlove Diaper Balm has no obvious and certainly no overpowering scent.
- 96% Organic Ingredients; No Questionable Ingredients: Nothing sketchy to see here!
- Technically Cloth Diaper Safe: This diaper balm is technically “cloth diaper safe” because it doesn’t contain any petroleum-based ingredients. However, we still recommend using a diaper liner (we like these) to protect your cloth diapers, especially if you use diapers with synthetic microfiber pads.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Expensive: At $10.40 per ounce, this product is a bit pricey, especially if you use diaper rash cream liberally.
Ingredients & EWG Rating
- Motherlove Diaper Balm Ingredients: Extra virgin olive oil*, beeswax*, oregon grape root, myrrh gum, yarrow herb*, calendula flower* (*certified organic ingredients)
- Motherlove Diaper Balm EWG Rating: 1
- Motherlove Diaper Balm – $10.40 for 1 ounce ($10.40/oz)