An organic diaper cream that works like a charm with the help of zinc oxide, Badger Zinc Oxide Diaper Cream has no questionable ingredients whatsoever, is lightly scented (from natural ingredients), and contains no hydrogenated oils (unlike Babo Botanicals products). Beware the mess though: It does tend to liquify when warm.
Things We Love
- Works Like a Charm: This stuff works. Many prefer zinc oxide-based diaper creams for their water repellant capabilities. Apply at the first sign of a rash, and–assuming you’ve addressed the core issue (friction, chemical/food sensitivity, illness, and/or wetness), baby’s bottom will be better in no time.
- Lightly Scented; Smells Nice: Babo’s Soothing Diaper Cream has a distinct, pleasant, calming scent. There are no added fragrances and the scent comes entirely from natural ingredients. It also smells vaguely like sunscreen due to the zinc oxide.
- Mostly Organic; No Questionable Ingredients: Only the zinc oxide and vitamin E are not organic. Badger Zinc Oxide Diaper Cream contains no sketchy ingredients whatsoever.
- Technically Cloth Diaper Safe: This diaper balm is technically “cloth diaper safe” because it doesn’t contain any petroleum-based ingredients. Zinc oxide does tend to stain cloth diapers a yellowish hue, though these stains can be removed with a little time in the sun. For this reason, we recommend using a diaper liner (we like these) to protect your cloth diapers, especially if you use diapers with synthetic microfiber pads.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Tends to Become Liquid When Warm: When exposed to warm temperatures (think Texas heat), Badger diaper cream tends to become very liquidly, messy, and difficult to use.
Ingredients & EWG Rating
- Badger Zinc Oxide Diaper Cream Ingredients: USP Zinc Oxide 10%, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Sunflower Vitamin E) (*certified organic ingredient)
- Badger Zinc Oxide Diaper Cream EWG Overall Rating: 1
- Badger Zinc Oxide Diaper Cream – $12.99 for 2.9 ounces ($4.48/oz)