This inexpensive audio-only baby monitor gives you a clear audio signal of your baby using DECT 6.0, an encrypted radio frequency. With a range of roughly 160 feet indoors, depending on the thickness of your doors and walls, the VTech DM112-2 provides crystal clear audio with minimal ambient noise disruption. The separate parent unit needs two AAA batteries (which it burns through pretty quickly, honestly), or can be plugged in. There's nothing particularly fancy or sleek about this monitor, but it works, and that's what counts!
Things We Love
- Super Inexpensive: For less than $30, you can get a clear audio signal of your baby. Even if you just use this monitor for travel, it's worth it!
- Encrypted Radio Connection: The baby and parent units communicate using DECT 6.0, which is an encrypted radio frequency. It has a range of roughly 160 feet indoors, depending on the thickness of your doors and walls.
- Separate Parent Unit: The parent unit needs two AAA batteries or can be plugged in. It beeps when the baby unit is no longer in range.
- Clear Audio: Thanks to DECT 6.0, this monitor transmits clear audio with very minimal background noise.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Looks Like a Baby Monitor: There’s nothing sleek about this thing. It looks like a baby monitor because it’s a baby monitor. On the bright side, it recently got an upgrade and is now black and white instead of yellow and white.
- VTech DM112-2 – $30