Soft-soled baby shoes are the closest thing to barefoot out there and are ideal for early walkers. Look for shoes with a little rubber on the sole if you think baby will need traction. Otherwise, a suede sole, while less grippy, will work perfectly well for a baby who is not yet walking or just barely learning to toddle.
Scroll through to see options from my favorite brands above, then click the links below to shop.
Soft-Soled Baby Shoe Brands
- Liv & Leo – Soft-soled moccasins, oxfords, Mary Janes, and booties for boys and girls, with suede soles for littles and rubber-padded soft soles for early walkers.
- Nooks – The coziest soft-soled lambswool booties for boys and girls.
- Freshly Picked – Soft-soled leather moccasins, oxfords, Mary Janes, and booties for boys and girls, with suede soles for littles and rubber-padded soft soles for early walkers. Lots of fun patterns!
- Piper Finn – Vintage-style leather Oxfords, Mary Janes, and high tops in soft sole and hard sole varieties.
- Livie & Luca – More substantial leather shoes for early walkers and more proficient toddlers.
- Zutano – Sock-like booties for pre-walkers.
Baby Shoe Shops
For something a bit more high-fashion, check out these sites: