For the first three months of infancy—when mama's & papa's hands are a bit unsure—kimono bodysuits are ideal. Although there are a few additional snaps (and therefore, steps), they don't have to be maneuvered over the top of wobbly newborn heads. This can feel like a godsend.
You'll definitely want to buy some kimono bodysuits in newborn and 0-3m sizes. After that, you might prefer the simplicity of regular over-the-head bodysuits.
These are a few of my favorite kimono bodysuit brands. Click through to find some styles you love.
- Quincy Mae – Long-Sleeved
- L’ovedbaby – Long-Sleeved | Short-Sleeved
- Kate Quinn – Long-Sleeved & Short-Sleeved
- H&M – Long-Sleeved & Short Sleeved
- Colored Organics – Long-Sleeved
- Konjes Sløjd – Long-Sleeved
- Baby Mori – Long-Sleeved | Short-Sleeved
- Simple Joys by Carter’s – Long-Sleeved
Note: Contrary to what some may lead you to believe, you only need 3-4 bodysuits in each size (NB, 0-3m, 3-6m) to start. You can always buy more if you need more, but assuming you do laundry on a semi-regular basis, you likely won't need more than that!