The lightest of the travel cribs (only 6 pounds!), the Phil & Teds Traveller Portacot has a nice modern look and packs small. Unfortunately, it is not easy to assemble or disassemble, and will require some definite manual-following the first few tries. The mattress is also so/so compared to the softer mattress on the BabyBjörn Travel Crib Light.
Things We Love
- Looks Nice: The Traveller comes in black with brushed metallic legs and black feet. It looks a touch industrial for our taste, but it’s hardly unattractive.
- Extremely Lightweight: Weighing in at only six pounds, the Traveller is the lightest travel crib out there.
- Packs Small: The Traveller packs down to a 7.8 by 25.6 by 7.8 inch package, about the size of a rolled-up yoga mat.
- Easy to Carry: Just sling this six pound beauty over your shoulder using the carry bag’s shoulder strap.
- Perfect Size: Measuring 46 by 31 by 24.8 inches, the Traveller is one of the longer travel cribs available.
- Non-Toxic: This travel crib is Oeko-Tex certified and free from harmful toxins.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Not Easy to Assemble or Disassemble: Putting the Traveller together requires some definite manual-following. Those who own this crib claim it gets easier and only takes a few minutes, but because the crib breaks down into multiple pieces, you always run the risk of accidentally leaving a piece behind in the traveling-with-kids chaos. Also, the constant assembly/disassembly tends to scratch up the metallic pieces, making the crib look a bit beat up.
- So/So Mattress: The Traveller isn’t known for its super comfortable mattress, but it gets the job done reasonably well.
- Phil and Teds Traveller – $149.99