Modern, lightweight, ridiculously easy to assemble, and packing into a compact package you can carry like a backpack, the Guava Family Lotus is awesome for travel. Compared to the BabyBjörn Travel Crib Light, the mattress is slightly less comfortable, but the Lotus does have a zippered side-access door, which turns this travel crib into an easy playard.
Things We Love
- Looks Great: It comes in one color, black with white and gray accents. We like.
- Lightweight: At 13 pounds, the Lotus is lightweight for easy travel.
- Packs Small: The Lotus folds down to a compact 24 by 11 by 7 inch package.
- Easy to Carry: The carry bag features backpack straps for especially easy schlepping.
- Easy Setup and Breakdown: Setup and breakdown are stupid easy and only takes a minute or two each. There are even icons guides on the crib itself, making it easy to pack this crib away even after you inevitably misplace the manual.
- Perfect Size: At 32 by 45 by 25 inches assembled, the Lotus is large enough for growing toddlers. (For comparison’s sake, this is one inch longer and one inch wider than the Babybjorn.)
- Non-Toxic: The Lotus is GreenGuard certified and very low VOC emissions.
- Side-Access Door: The zippered side-access door makes it easier to set baby down to sleep without having to lean over the crib. It is also a great way to play with baby or cuddle while they crawl in and out of their “fort.”
Things We Don't Love As Much
- So/So Mattress: The Lotus isn’t known for its super comfortable mattress, but it gets the job done reasonably well.
- Guava Family Lotus Travel Crib – $249.99 list but available for less on Amazon and the Guava Family website
- Guava Family Lotus Travel Crib and Bassinet Kit – $300
- Guava Family Cotton Fitted Sheet – $19.95