The perfectly “white” non-looping white noise, the Marpac Dohm is a small, self-contained fan unit with adjustable volume. On the downside, it does not have a sleep timer (which isn't that important anyway) and it must be plugged into an outlet (limiting where you can place it). The Marpac Dohm Connect is a more technologically advanced version of the Dohm original, allowing you to use your smartphone or Alexa to control the device's power, volume, and sleep schedules.
Things We Love
- Perfect, Non-Looping White Noise: The Marpac Dohm is a fan inside a box, so although it sounds like a fan– the perfect, non-looping white noise– there is absolutely no air disturbance. Because it is simply the sound of moving air, there are no startling notes (like white noise that involves rhythmic ocean waves or waterfalls) and is instead a consistent background noise.
- Adjustable Volume: Flip the switch and turn the dial to adjust the volume to your preferences.
- Looks Nice Enough: In white, the Marpac Dohm looks decent and will not cramp your style.
- Smartphone-Operated (Dohm Connect Only) – Control the Dohm Connect's power, volume, and sleep schedules with your smartphone.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- No Sleep Timer (Dohm Original Only): While the sleep timer isn’t a feature all parents use, it’s a great tool for loud dinner parties and other events that end after bedtime. The Marpac Dohm Connect allows you to control sleep schedules using your smartphone.
- AC Powered The Dohm is not battery operated and must be plugged in, which limits where you can place it.