With 20 non-repeating sounds, adjustable volume (that goes quite a bit louder than the Marpac Dohm), a sleep timer, and a USB charger that allows you to plug it in just about anywhere, the LectroFan is an awesome choice. We find the fan sounds to be a bit harsh compared to the more natural Marpac Dohm's sound, but many babies seem to like the LectroFan anyway. Plus, the 10 white noise sounds are perfectly lovely.
Things We Love
- 20 Non-Repeating Sounds: The LectroFan features 20 non-repeating sounds, ten white noise sounds and ten fan sounds.
- Adjustable Volume: Turn the volume up or down based on your needs. At its loudest, the LectroFan is quite a bit louder than the Marpac Dohm, and great for louder environments. (The Marpac Dohm is plenty loud for most situations, FYI.)
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer can be set in one hour increments with the push of a button.
- Looks Nice Enough: In white, the LectroFan looks decent. It is also smaller than it appears in photos and will easily fit on a bedside table.
- USB Charger: The LectroFan has a USB charger, which means you can plug it in just about anywhere, even when traveling internationally.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Fan Sounds a Bit Harsh: The fan sounds are a bit harsh and feel more disruptive to sleep than anything else, but most of the other white noise sounds are perfectly pleasant for sleep. And hey, maybe your baby will like those harsh fan sounds. Many seem not to mind at all!
- LectroFan – $49.95 (list)