Note: There is no one universal “best,” especially when it comes to parenting. These are “The Best Baby Blankets & Quilts” based on Also Mom's strict criteria, detailed here.
Counter to what your mother might try to tell you about how you slept and survived as a baby, blankets and quilts aren’t allowed in the crib these days if you’re abiding by safe sleep guidelines (which we strongly recommend you take into consideration). Still, baby blankets and quilts come in handy as…
- Heavier blankets for the car seat or stroller
- Cozy warmth for two when you’re nap trapped under a sleeping baby
- A soft, clean playspace and tummy time mat for pre-crawling infants
- And, eventually, as an actual blanket for the crib
These are all of our favorite baby blanket brands, organized alphabetically…
- Aden + Anais Dream Blanket ($50 and up) – A perfectly thick quilted blanket in original prints made from four layers of bamboo viscose.
- Baby Mori Cuddle Blanket ($53 + $15 shipping from UK) – A double layer quilted organic cotton muslin blanket in beautiful Scandinavian-inspired hues.
- Clementine Kids Quilt ($50) – Cotton muslin quilts with original prints.
- Coyuchi Honeycomb Organic Baby Blanket ($48) – A stiffer, more traditional-looking organic cotton baby blanket in soft, beautiful neutrals.
- Coyuchi Wave Organic Matelasse Blanket ($68) – Soft, thick, crinkled organic cotton blanket in the most gorgeous neutrals.
- Koko’s Nest Bloc Blanket ($149) – Knit color-blocked blankets in gorgeous earth tones, made with super soft Egyptian cotton.
- Koko's Nest Kite Organic Baby Blanket ($129) – Beautifully textured knit organic cotton baby blanket in soft neutrals.
- Lane & Mae Chunky Knit Baby Blanket ($130) – Super chunky knit baby blankets in bright and subdued hues.
- Little Giraffe Chenille Baby Blanket ($69) – A super soft baby blanket staple, available in a variety of colors.
- Little Giraffe Luxe Baby Blanket ($86) – Similar to the chenille baby blanket, but with a softer feel and texture.
- Little Giraffe Luxe Herringbone Blanket ($90) – Super soft textured herringbone with even softer rib, available in neutrals and soft colors.
- Little Giraffe Luxe Twist Blanket ($93) – Similar to the Herringbone blanket, but with a slightly different texture.
- Little Unicorn Quilt ($50) – Four-layer cotton muslin quilt with beautiful original prints.
- Loulou Lollipop Quilt ($60) – Four-layer bamboo rayon quilt with cotton jersey trim in original prints.
- Moumout Jacquard Blanket ($57) – Textured, crinkled cotton blanket in soft Euro hues.
- Nobodinoz Organic Cotton Blanket ($47) – Polyester-filled organic cotton blanket in subtle Scandinavian-inspired patterns and hues.
- Numero 74 Quilted Blanket ($63) – Gorgeous, hand-dyed colors with gold thread and tassel accent details. (Numero 74 applies their signature perfume to each swaddle, but it dissipates with a few washes.)
- Pehr Stork Blanket ($70) – Traditional white baby quilt with printed dot backing in classic baby colors.
- Saranoni Blankets ($49 and up) – Super soft polymicrofiber/bambo rayon blankets in a variety of hues.
A Note: There are so many indie baby blanket brands, and we will be adding them to this list as we discover them. If you have a favorite indie baby blanket brand you think we should include on our list here, send us a note (firstname.lastname@example.org)!