Not technically a bath itself, the Angelcare Bath Support is the perfect solution for slippery, wriggly, uncoordinated newborns. It is grippy, perfectly angled, and looks pretty nice too. Just place your baby on the support in the bath, shower, or large kitchen sink, and use both hands to bathe without worrying about your baby slipping and sliding down. Even though it's a bit bulky, it can be hung up on a spare towel hook between baths for storage.
Things We Love
- Great for Newborns: This is the perfect support for slippery newborns with little to no body control. The silicone is grippy and helps babies stay put, even when you add water.
- No Slip: Angelcare is one of the only bath solutions where baby won’t slip, thanks to the grippy silicone support system. This allows you to use both hands while bathing baby, instead of always holding baby with one hand while bathing with the other.
- Quick Dry: Because the support is made from plastic and silicone, it dries quickly and effectively, which means no mold and easy storing.
- A Bit Bulky but Hangs Up to Store: The Angelcare is a tad on the bulky side, but thankfully it has an integrated hook for easy hanging storage. If you have a spare towel hook in your bathroom, this tub support won’t take up too much space at all.
- Good Looks: We like the Angelcare in Gray, because, you know, we have a thing for neutrals. It also comes in Aqua and Pink, which are too bright for our taste but might not be too bright for yours.
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Not for Older Babies: By the time babies can sit up on their own, the Angelcare becomes obsolete. At this point babies often graduate to bathing in a laundry basket in the big tub or good ol’ fashioned kitchen sink baths.
- Waterhog: The only major downside of the Angelcare Bath Support is that you must fill the entire bathtub or kitchen sink to about an inch or two above the support for a good bath experience. This takes significantly more water and requires a full tub/sink drainage in the surprisingly not-that-unlikely event of a mid-bath poop.