Hands Down the Best Diaper Pail Out There
The Ubbi looks good. It saves you money. It works. Can you tell we're fans?
Things We Love
- Looks Great: This is the best-looking diaper pail available. Made of painted stainless steel, the Ubbi has a significantly more upscale feel than plastic pails. It also has a nice oval shape, which is both visually appealing and functional, allowing it to nestle into smaller corners and spaces.
- Contains Stink: Stink containment is the single most important function of a diaper pail, and the Ubbi gets the job done in this category. The Ubbi is not as good at containing stink as plastic pails with specialized bags, like the Munchkin Step, but by taking the trash out regularly, this problem is solved.
- Neutral Colors: The Ubbi comes in white, sand, and gray, which all look great in just about any room. Ubbi also sells a few brighter colors, metallics, and patterns that may suit your style if you like a bolder look.
- Uses Standard Trash Bags: One of the best features of the Ubbi is that it is designed to be used with standard trash bags. This means no special Amazon orders or Target runs just for diaper pail bags, which tend to be overpriced in the first place.
- No Artificial Fragrances: This pail has absolutely no artificial fragrances or “freshness boosters” like most other pails on the market. Your and your baby’s endocrine systems thank you.
- Cloth Diapering & Compostable Diapering Friendly: Cloth diapering parents can slip in a large cloth wet bag in lieu of a plastic trash bag, then dump the whole kit and caboodle into the washer at once. Compostable diapering families can use a compostable bag and send the whole bag to a commercial composting facility (or leave at the stoop for pickup by a diaper composting service).
- Child Lockable: When you have an infant, this feature will seem dumb. Then one day, you will have a toddler, and you will realize how genius Ubbi was to include this little lifesaver.
- Easy to Clean: Every once in awhile, especially if someone procrastinated a bit in taking out the diaper trash, the Ubbi needs a little refresh. Simply spray with vinegar, wipe down, and leave in the sun for a bit. Good as new. (And if that doesn’t work, which we promise it almost always does, some Ubbi users swear by these charcoal deodorizers.)
Things We Don't Love As Much
- No Separation Mechanism: Because the Ubbi accepts standard trash bags, old dirty diapers are not magically separated from the new dirty diaper you’re adding to the pile. Because of this, you might get an occasional eye-watering whiff when you slide open the trapdoor, but chances are this means it’s time to take out the trash anyway.
- Depth 15” x Width 10.8” x Height 22.5”
- Ubbi Diaper Pail – $79.99 (list), and available on Amazon for as low as $65 in certain colors