Run with it. Stroll with it. The Urban Glide 2 is insanely functional and is equally great for a jog through the woods as it is for a quick jaunt to the park or a leisurely walk on city streets. (If you’re one of those serious runner types, you might want to check out this stroller’s sportier sister, the Glide 2.)
Buy the Thule Urban Glide 2
Buy Thule Urban Glide 2 Accessories
What is my absolute favorite thing about this jogging stroller?
Assuming you’re looking for a cross-functional jogging stroller… everything? It is a super smooth ride, it is just as brilliant as a jogging stroller as it is on city streets, and it looks sleek AF. If you’re the sporty and/or adventurous type, the Thule Urban Glide 2 can easily be your main ride.
What else is cool about the Thule Urban Glide 2?
Suitable From Birth
- Thule Bassinet ($180) transforms your sporty stroller into a veritable pram. (Note: It is not safe to jog with baby in the bassinet, but this is a great option for leisurely strolls!)
- With car seat adapters ($60) and your infant car seat, you can jog with babies too young for the main seat.
Great Running and Outdoor Sports Companion
- A hand brake allows for speed control on hilly terrain.
- Air-filled tires and excellent suspension make for a comfortable ride on bumpier trails.
- Reflective rims for great visibility in suboptimal light conditions.
- The swiveling front wheel makes for great maneuverability, and also locks into place for fast-paced runners.
Easy to Transport
- Folds into a compact package (34.2” x 27.2” x 13.3”), which is similar to many full-sized luxury strollers
- Weighs in at 25.3 pounds, which is lighter than many full-sized luxury strollers
What don’t I love about the Thule Urban Glide 2?
Single Stroller Only – The Thule Urban Glide 2 only accommodates one child and does not convert into a double stroller with the addition of a second seat or a roller board accessory. For a similar stroller designed for two children, you’ll want the Double Thule Urban Glide 2, which has side-by-side seats.
Price Tag – This is definitely one of the pricier jogging strollers out there, starting at $479 without any accessories and coming in around $740 with all the basic accessories (bassinet, bumper bar, rain cover). If it’s within your budget, it may be worth it, especially since this stroller can easily be your one-and-only.
What are some great alternatives to the Thule Urban Glide 2?
For a super serious jogging stroller for super serious runners… the Thule Glide 2 is lighter and has some fancier components. (It does not double as an out-and-about stroller and is specifically designed for running.)
For a less expensive running stroller… buy used! These things are super easy to find on Craigslist, Nextdoor, or via your local moms group, since many have aspiring runners and hikers don’t end up using these strollers as much as they’d originally hoped. Also, look at strollers from Bob (like the Rambler) and Bumbleride (like the Speed or Indie.) Neither of these brands have strollers that look as sleek as Thule’s, but they are both beloved brands making great strollers.