Best Baby Wrap, No Contest
Made of lightweight fabric with just the right amount of stretch, the Solly Baby Wrap is absolutely perfect for baby's first year. Unlike other wraps, it holds baby in close without drooping, it doesn't get too hot, and it comes in a wide variety of on-trend colors and patterns that work with a chic, modern mama aesthetic.
Things We Love
- Great Colors and Patterns: The team at Solly Baby clearly has excellent taste. They rarely make a wrap in a color or pattern we don’t love. They are also great at assembling chic, easy mama outfit ideas that work well with their wraps, because who doesn't love a little outfit inspo?
- Buttery Soft Fabric: The Solly Baby wrap uses custom-made Lenzing modal, a lightweight, slightly stretchy, buttery soft, sustainable fabric made from the pulp of Austrian beechwood trees.
- Cool: Babies are like tiny furnaces, especially when snuggled up against mom or dad. In our experience, hot sweaty babies (and hot sweaty parents while we’re at it) don’t tend to be super happy. Of all the wraps out there, the Solly Baby wrap is by far the coolest.
- New, Shorter Length: Solly got smart and chopped off a bunch of unnecessary length from their wraps, resulting in a shorter, easier-to-tie, less-likely-to-accidentally-graze-the-filthy-city-streets-as-you're-tying-it “Standard” wrap. They also still carry a longer “XL” length for those who prefer more fabric or have a bit more girth.
- Stores Small: Because the Solly Baby wrap is one long piece of fabric, you can easily fold it up and store it in your diaper bag.
- Made in the USA: Not many brands can say their product is made in the USA, but Solly Baby can!
- Best for the First Year: The Solly Baby wrap is designed for babies up to 25lbs, or roughly baby's first year, which is the ultimate time for babywearing. (Babywearing reduces infant fussing and crying by a whopping 43%!)
Things We Don't Love As Much
- Literally Nothing: We love Solly Baby Wraps and wouldn't change a damn thing about them. We only wish our babes could stay in them longer!
It's not as complicated as you think! Some people take one look at the Solly and decide it’s way too complicated to consider. But you’ve got this, mama! Solly Baby has great tutorial videos, and a little practice goes a long way. Many moms use the mirror to help guide them as they practice the tie the first few times and some even practice with stuffed animals before baby is born. Even though it will likely feel awkward and difficult the first time, it gets easier very quickly, and it’s so worth it to persevere.
- Solly Baby Wrap– $65-$80, depending on style