A “grasping toy” isn’t actually a specific kind of toy at all, but rather a Montessori concept focused on how to use certain kinds of toys.
When baby starts to show interest in grasping objects, you can support the development of this new skill with intentional play. During tummy time or sitting supported on you, challenge baby to reach for interesting toys and objects. Just about any rattle or teether can double as a grasping toy, but these are a few favorites.
- Hevea Natural Rubber Ball ($19)
- Garbo & Friends – Rabbit ($34)
- Numero 74 Soft Cotton Ball ($21)
- Chewable Charm – White Marble
- Cam Cam Copenhagen Rattle ($25)
- Promise Babe Montessori Toys ($25 for set of 5)
More Grasping Toys / Toys That Double As Other Toys